Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory "20 Years of Pop-Punk" Tour Tour • Page 30

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thisisnotbrianm, Dec 7, 2016.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I'll be honest - I didn't realize they were playing S&S & S/T the first night in Seattle. Go figure I'm attending the second night and NGCS is my least favorite of theirs, haha. O well.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Ataris opener would've been sick...oh well, I didn't really need a good opener for this show

3. I thought The Ataris are shit live these days?

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I understand why they're skipping Radiosurgery, but sheesh, no love for Coming Home? C'mon now NFG!

tyramail likes this.
  5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Just saw them at Warped and they sounded great. The only issue is that they're dragging out their songs. Your Boyfriend Sucks was close to 7 minutes long on my date.

kman22 and popdisaster00 like this.
  6. tomtom94

Trusted

They've definitely played it on a handful of dates earlier in the tour, didn't they? Maybe it's not going over very well? Idk.

Also skipping Radiosurgery is a tragedy.

7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I kinda just wish NFG were playing normal sets and not album shows on this tour :/

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

How about they play Makes Me Sick in full!!

9. They will in 2027 :)

bobby_runs and btr like this.
  10. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Or they could copy The Maine and their 'Modern Nostalgia' Tour model next year!

In any case, glad to see Seattle gets the support I actually wanted for once, lol!

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm excited to see them do a normal set at Riot Fest and the aftershow this weekend. I feel like it's been awhile

12. kman22

Regular

Be interesting to see what they play, because the festival setlist is usually the hits, so you'd hope it's two different sets.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think it will be, they're one of the best bands when it comes to switching up their set. Plus they've played almost their whole discography over the year so they know all of their songs haha

14. Sooooo bummed my band is going to be on tour during the SLC show with NFG and The Ataris, two of my fav bands.... Grrrrr!

15. Clever way to promote your band's tour ;-p

16. hahaha our week long "tour" needs all the promo it can get! but actually, it hasn't been booked yet, so maybe that date will end up not working out and i'll be able to go to the NFG/Ataris show afterall! haha

popdisaster00 likes this.
  17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So I'm gonna be a six minute walk away from their venue in Newcastle next week. Hopefully the family dinner doesn't take too long. It'd be so cool to see my favorite band in a foreign country

18. DeRRek

Trusted

Seeing sticks and stones and catalyst tomorrow in Glasgow. Can’t wait!

bobby_runs and marceting like this.
  19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

How is this even possible?!

20. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

They jammed on the last part of the song (during the A Bronx Tale part on the album). Just when everyone thought they were done, all you heard was yet another dun dun dun, dun dun da dun....

truelovewaits likes this.
  21. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm shocked that this hasn't sold out in Santa Cruz yet. I'll be in Northern California that week for Thanksgiving with my wife's family, and I'm trying to talk her into heading down to Santa Cruz to spend the day and go to the show. We both went to UC Santa Cruz, so taking a trip back to the city would be wonderful. The only issue is that it's so far away from her family that we'd need to get a hotel for the night. I'm not sure I can justify getting a hotel to see NFG and the Ataris for the hundredth time. However, seeing them together AND in Santa Cruz would be special.

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I think Not Without a Fight isn't a big attraction and actually probably detracts some fans from going unfortunately. Portland show hasn't sold out either which is a little surprising, but there's still over two months until the show.

23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I didn't even think about how the albums they're playing could impact ticket sales. That's a really good point.

24. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

All three shows sold out in Chicago this March, but the ST/NWAF show had tickets going for super cheap on stubhub while the other two nights were considerable more expensive.

It's a shame, that night was my favorite of the three. The NWAF songs are so good live.

kman22 likes this.
  25. marceting

Trusted

NFG have played approximately 10 shows in the NYC area in the past 10ish months so not surprising the Brooklyn or Jersey shows haven't sold out yet. I still haven't bought a ticket to either yet.

Fronnyfron likes this.