Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory "20 Years of Pop-Punk" Tour Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thisisnotbrianm, Dec 7, 2016.

1. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Pretty much this exactly. The band is great, but they are far from perfect in terms of album quality.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Even more excited to be the first show of the tour now

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  3. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

Same! It's always great to get the first date of the tour! It's gonna be nuts!

Jason Tate and tdlyon like this.
  4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I'd be pissed off if I bought tickets to this assuming I was seeing albums played in full, like it's kind of implied, but then not actually seeing that.

5. MegT585

Trusted

We still get to see and hear every song off the albums. Plus in a new fun way. I don't really understand how people can get "pissed off" about that.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

yeah they're just not in order. Now there have been some 'album' tours lately of other bands, where they decided playing the entire album would be a drag, but i think NFG knows that's not the case for them as much.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ever since transitioning to streaming music, I started shuffling album tracklists to keep it interesting with every listen. So, I wouldn't mind NFG mixing up the setlist for the albums.

8. riseagainst4L

Regular

The albums are still being played in full, so idk why you would be pissed

9. Yeah, pissed is a weird way to feel about that haha. I will say that I have seen a few anniversary tour of albums that the songs were not played in order though and do not enjoy it as much as seeing them front to back though. Guess that's what I get for being sort of a sequencing nerd haha.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I think it dilutes the experience because you're not getting to experience the album the way it was meant to be heard.

pauljgreco likes this.
  11. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, pissed wasn't my best choice of words. A little bummed out for sure though. Like @ATL/MCS/FAN said, it dilutes from the experience a bit since you wouldn't be seeing the album in its original order. People who have been seeing them for 20 years have already heard them play these songs out of order many times. As cool as it is to be getting every song from 2 albums each night, they should have made it clearer that they wouldn't be doing each album front to back.

12. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Tour begins tomorrow!

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I appreciate your profile picture. Their new album is great.

Also, I hope NFG throws in another new song in the setlist.

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

How can you like one album so much and not want to stay for the other? Seems pretty ridiculous

kidinthebushes likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really interested in setlists. Just to see how much they switch up and to see what encores will be like. I'm assuming they throw in the hits from the albums they're not playing, one or two new ones and a Resurrection song or two maybe

I'm so stoked for both of these shows... Going to have way too much fun

16. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm sure a lot of people love Sticks and Stones and don't really care for Coming Home.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah, but they're a pop punk band, none of their albums are that polarizing, even Coming Home.

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think I'm gonna have to bail on my show (4/29 @ West Hollywood). If anyone is looking for a ticket, PM me.
    It's the sticks & stones/Coming Home night.

19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

What does them being a pop-punk band have to do with anything? A LOT more people care about S&S than Coming Home, to the point where they would leave early if S&S was played in full first.

20. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Going to the Philly show on Friday! Can't wait!

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Same! Even though I'm from Baltimore, I couldn't pass up a Friday night in Philly...plus it's NWAF, which I love a lot

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  22. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Same here. Wanted both but I will settle for one night.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  23. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Nice! I'll probably be wearing a black Bad Religion shirt and a My Chemical Romance hat. Say hi if any of us cross paths haha

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Will be there tomorrow. Very excited, I've never been to a first show of a tour before

25. timaeus_drache

I'll be there tonight! Love opening nights, this is gonna be sick. I'll probably be in a white Bad Religion shirt.