Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – Makes Me Sick • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 1, 2017.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I also never stated that there really isn't a single album they released that I hated. Some I don't really revisit, but the fact that these guys have never compromised their sound or friendship for anything else, and are still having fun doing what they've always done best, is awesome. There still isn't another pop punk act i've ever liked as much except Saves The Day....and well you all know exactly what the Chris Conley show sounds like.

2. It doesn't sound like a radio surgery song but it accomplishes what they tried to do on radio surgery

3. It only reminds me of coming home in the sense that they are implementing a lot of risks and changes into their sound again

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. It's all personal preference - radiosurgery did nothing for me save a few songs and I thought resurrection was fun at least

5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

resurrections main issues were that they tried to hard to have one guitar part throughout the songs, and the lyrics were a little off. this remedies some of this, and it is a fun record, but i dont think the majority of it is THAT different from their previous output. Sound of Two Voices is easily the best song on here, and also the biggest risk they took.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Really, really enjoy this record.

7. not that familiar with this band but I listened to few albums over the years. Resurrection was pretty bland and lazy as far as pop punk goes, which surprised me for a veteran band. that said, I remember liking Radiosurgery at the time, didn't it have some 90's power pop influences ? must be why I thought it instantly stood out in their discography. of course Coming Home is the one I listened to the most, and it is easily their best release. I didn't like the few singles from this one, but I'll check it out anyway because the Coming Home and the Carly comparisons intrigue me so much.

bruinrk likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Resurrection is definitely my least favorite post-NGCS album besides maybe NWTF which I'm not crazy about

9. bruinrk

I have 3 album codes from the tour if anyone wants one.

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Yes Please!

11. Jake Z

Regular

Nothing will top ST and S&S for me but excited to listen to this.

12. Skreech

Oh man, I love Resurrection! But I've gotta say, a few listens in to this and I'm enjoying what I hear. I think the synths and things make it poppier - even than radiosurgery. Which is not a bad thing. I think 'Cheapest Thrill' is my favourite ATM. Two voices is pretty great, though.