Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – Forever + Ever x Infinity • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Well, count me in 1. Though I love Coming Home also....

2. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I’m number 1 and 3. Coming Home and Makes Me Sick are by far my least favorite albums by them but still enjoy them

StoJa9 likes this.
  3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

You nailed it likening this transition from Makes Me Sick to the transition between Coming Home and Not Without A Fight. I'm in the camp that wishes they'd stick to exploring the poppier elements. MMS was the first NFG record to really peak my interest since NWAF.

Gave it a couple listens yesterday and I'm sure it will grow on me, though I doubt it will have the lasting impact of other NFG albums. "Slipping Away" is a great closer for sure though.

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

NWAF is the only NFG album I've returned to over and over but this is just another album in a long line of albums I don't find anything interesting about. I can't get past the lyrics. They range from uninteresting to cringe worthy.

StoJa9 likes this.
  5. StoJa9

Regular

^^ Your avatar is....:hearteyes:

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I think you summed it up quite well with it being a summer release eventually allowing me to "overlook some of the corniness of the lyrics". And yes, the three weeks make a difference, 3 weeks ago it was still fucking cold here and I wore a jacket ;d Anyway, I enjoyed it more than the singles, I liked to stumble upon tracks resembling Catalyst or Coming Home, especially the closer indeed.

7. StoJa9

Regular

Where do you live that it was cold enough to wear a jacket the first week of June?

Someone asking from Minnesota.

pbueddi likes this.
  8. huntercrunch

Regular

I can personally deal with awful lyrics as long as I like the sound of the music, and I like the sound of this album a lot. There's hooks everywhere on this thing, and there is so much energy that you wouldn't expect out of a band that's been around for this long.

I hope they do something more interesting and boundary pushing for their next album (and we all can hope with better lyrics), but I think this is NFG just doing what NFG knows they're good at. Really solid pop-punk with some hardcore influences.

It's really hard not to laugh at some of these lyrics for how horrific they are, though. Same Side Sitters is one of my favorites musically here, but dear God. Those lyrics in the chorus are so bad I laugh every time I attempt to sing along with them.

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

hahah ;D in the south of Poland (the closest neigbouring country from me is The Chech Republic). It's not like we'd have some polar bears out here (like even some encyclopedias stated just 30 years ago), but still the weather can get crazy and it fickles a lot. Today it's cloudy and weird but really warm hmm, which I took as basically some good weather to start out my work day with Underground Is A Dying Bread by Hot Rod Circuit ;d NFG awaits some more sun to come out again.

EDIT: Although it's funny and strange the weather changes throughout the years, I remember in the past it would start to get hot in April/May, more time for pop punk tunes ;d

StoJa9 likes this.
  10. dzyjay

Regular

Yo this album is dope. What did people expect NFG to sound like in 2020? Always had hardcore influence so I’m confused to why people think it’s crazy. I’m sure the next one will sound like makes me sick. They always go back and fourth with sound which I think is sick. Lyrics are not important with this album just fun to blare in your car loud with windows down.