Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Shook by Your Shaved Head” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2020.

1. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I think Resurrection is absolutely horrible and I have a feeling this album will surpass that view for me, which I never thought possible. I'm incredibly disappointed in all of these new songs.

2. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I have been out on NFG for at least three records. I read the title and thought it was a serious Coming Home type song, maybe about a loved ones fight with cancer. I really thought it would be.

I got this. And this is bad.

3. -deleted-

-

Except it’s not. It’s just not for you.

huntercrunch, StoJa9 and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Kuri44

My hopes were way too high for NWAF. I mean a Mark Hoppus produced NFG album sounds like a dream come true pairing, but overall it was pretty disappointing. Right Where We Left Off, Don’t Let Her Pull You Down, Listen To Your Friends, Such A Mess, Heartless At Best, and Don’t Let This Be The End are the only ones I like. The rest is underwhelming, and the album as whole felt like chore to get through.

Those 6 songs would’ve made a dope EP

SpinelessYesBloke likes this.
  5. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

For me, this is easily their best song since becoming a four-piece.

StoJa9 likes this.
  6. Stevie

Regular

Really enjoyed the first two songs, the lyrics hold this one back but on the quality of the three released I’m surprised to hear people say this is there worst album...

StoJa9 likes this.
  7. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

I'm shocked they haven't acknowledged the leak at all. I was fully expecting the album to be officially released like the very next day

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Why is everyone here so shocked by this, I truly don't understand? A very small % of their fans likely know it exists, so why bring attention to it?

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  9. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

I don't expect mind-blowing lyrics from NFG and am perfectly fine with that. I went in to the new record expecting catchy, fun songs, and that's exactly what I got.

SpinelessYesBloke, pbueddi and StoJa9 like this.
  10. StoJa9

Regular

This guy gets it. NFG is about fun and energy and a vibe, not lyrics.

11. Then why not just sing in Simlish?

12. thisisasong

I swear it’s like they let their kids get together to name the album and write the lyrics. I’m a lyrics snob so I place more importance on them than the average person. Thankfully NFG has a huge discography, but I don’t see myself loving this one.

13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Band hasn't had a decent album since 2006.

14. -deleted-

-

Incorrect.

15. pbueddi

Trusted

:sly:

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That statement doesn't mention great albums, which they haven't had one of since 2017

pbueddi and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. ZeoVGM

Regular

Not Without a Fight was released in 2009, which makes your statement incorrect.

18. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Sometimes, it's nice to listen to music that you don't have to think too much about, so you can just enjoy the good vibes. I get what you're saying, but this is NFG, and lyrics shouldn't even be a discussion point with them... because yes, their lyrics are pretty simple to say the least. :)

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Have you heard this album? Cause shit about fat rolls over your jeans are not things you can ignore and not think about. It’s distracting as hell. When the bad lyrics actively detract from the song it’s hard to make any “enjoy the good vibes” argument for me.

I like plenty of songs with bad lyrics and plenty that are just fun. This album ain’t that.

20. StoJa9

Regular

Jason Tate has spoken. I guess I have to throw this album in the garbage and never listen to it again.

21. You don't have a physical copy though ... :shrug:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

I know I won't change your mind on this one, but I respect your opinion. Keep on rockin' and stay safe, dude!

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

NFG has written too many songs with lyrics I love to excuse the fat rolls and the FaceTime etc etc etc. I hate the "pop punk lyrics can be bad" cop out. These are markedly their worst which shouldn't be a case at this point in a band's career, even if they lost their main lyricist

24. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Chad wrote one of my favorite ‘meaningful’ NFG songs (When I Die).

They can and should do better.