Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Party On Apocalypse” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2017.

1. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

In regards to singles, these songs don't seem any better than songs like Radiosurgery (song) or Ready and Willing (or even Vicious Love) as they're catchier, imo. They're all pretty generic NFG fun and catchy songs. The guys have been pretty consistent in their sound/quality.

domotime2 likes this.
  2. There's an entire second guitar, the production is fuller, and the instruments have a clarity to them that would stick out like a sore thumb on those two albums.

They're also just better written. (That bridge is better than anything on Resurrection alone.)

3. I never cared for Radiosurgery outside of a few a songs (Summer Fling is a good jam). Resurrection is good, but not great. I agree with Jason that the new songs sound fuller and that's mostly driven by better production and adding more guitar tracks.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Knowing you've had some time with the album and by everything I've read, you like it immensely, does this two-guitar sound represent the record, or are there still some tracks that lean to the Resurrection one-guitar sound?

As a person who greatly prefers a layered, fuller NFG, I'm hoping it's the former.

5. I think it's the best NFG album in years and that the instrumentation and care taken with a lot of the parts is a big part of why. The keys and guitar and bass all get their time to shine.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

This is like my least favourite thing I've heard from NFG ever hahaha I'm on the opposite side to everyone else. Maybe I'll keep listening and it'll grow on me.

7. inreverie386 Apr 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2017)
    inreverie386

I'm with you man. I think Happy Being Miserable was pretty good, but this song is just awkward. Just not sure I want to jam out to a pop-punk song complaining about kids today. And I feel like NFG's lyrics post-Steve feel kind of off.

Hopefully, the album is great though. I actually enjoyed resurrection and radiosurgery, even though they aren't necessarily the band's best work.

Update: The lyrics might be weird, but this song is catchy as hell.

domotime2 and cosmickid like this.
  8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

God summer flings don't mean a thing is such a banger.

marceting likes this.
  9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I think this is nfg at it's most poppy to tell you the truth.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, I love Radiosurgery. The Deluxe addition is awesome haha.

11. domotime2

Radiosurgery had like 3-5 songs I loved...and same with resurrection. At this point that's good enough for me

emeryk3 likes this.
  12. "Dressed to Kill", "MFOU," "Head on Collision," "I Don't Wanna Know," "It's Not Your Fault," "Connected." Off the top of my head. Not sure what that has to do with what I wrote though. They're a good pop band.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The Sound of Two Voices is probably my favorite so far. Definitely a highlight in their career. What. A. Song.

Overall, I really like this album. The production is mind-blowing. I can't believe Sprinkle was able to make everything sound so clear without going overboard and making it sound compressed. Very impressed by that with how much is going on in these songs. I think it adds a lot to these songs. I can definitely say I haven't liked a NFG album this much on first listen since S&S and Coming Home.

Anyone who is a fan of Catalyst (i.e. Failures Not Flattering) and Coming Home will love this album.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

...what nefarious means did you go through to find The Sound of Two Voices?

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The whole album leaked

16. Neon Light

rage and love

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

17. domotime2

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Poppy = worse is a lame, lazy opinion.

Neon Light likes this.
  19. Jason Tate Apr 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2017)
    Not only just in general, but even more so when discussing ostensibly a pop band.

FTank likes this.