Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Party On Apocalypse”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jackbo487

Regular

ok that's also pretty damn catchy. Jordan's vocal hook in the chorus....well, yeah it's not leaving my head anytime soon.

Joe DeAndrea likes this.
  3. It's super catchy, but I don't really care to get my morals from NFG (party culture is terrible, etc.)... I just haven't found a reason to care about them recently. It is fun though. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

4. Neon Light

rage and love

2/2 for me. Wow I really did not care about this album when it was announced and took ages to listen to Happy Being Miserable, but once I did it's been on constant rotation and this one is just as good on first listen.

5. beckerm6

2/2 so far. this is shaping up to be a great record. makes me realize Resurrection wasn't as great as i remember.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  6. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Hell fucking yes. I think this is gonna be best their best work since Coming Home. STOKED!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

i like happy being miserable a little bit more, but the chorus on this song is really catchy.

domotime2 likes this.
  8. MegT585

Trusted

This is awesome. So excited for this album. This album really does have to the potential to the best thing they have done in years.

9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Was singing the chorus by the second go-round. 2/2 for me.

It could be my ears playing tricks on me, but it sure sounds like they've added rhythm guitar back into the songs, and that makes all the difference - especially in the chorus. Some parts (the bridge especially) still feature one guitar, and that's where I think this song is weakest, even if that part is catchy.

Resurrection was full of songs that had big hooks, but they needed something underneath to prop up the sound. It sounds like that is back on this record, and I could not be happier.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  10. beckerm6

i agree. the worst thing they did with resurrection was track one guitar. it sounded so empty.

parkerxcore likes this.
  11. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Agree with everyone on here - wasn't necessarily excited for this one but both these songs lead me to believe this will be their best work in a long time.

That being said, the snare drum sound on this song is godawful. Get rid of that ring, dude!!!

cosmickid likes this.
  12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. If you're changing the fundamental sound of your music to make a statement (ie we're over our second guitarist, we don't need him), that's ridiculous and near-sighted.

13. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Agreed, but if they wanted the sound to reflect how it would sound live (i.e. without a second guitarist) can't totally fault them for it.

That being said, yes, I'm sure that wasn't the *real* reason.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

mmhmm likes this.
  15. TDenverFan

Regular

Catchy, classic NFG

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Much better than the first single.

Also, lulz at Hayley getting the lyrics wrong in the tweet about this (with a link to the video with the correct lyrics, but whatevs).

17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Wow that's catchy. Need this album.

18. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

2/2 for sure. This one is really catchy and that video is so awesome. It's fun to really like NFG again after be so-so on the last few albums.

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

A little too poppy for my taste. I definitely dug happy being miserable more...but this is fine. No complaints

20. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Did I miss something? When did NFG "lose" it? They've been doing fun & catchy singles like this with almost every album. Even the Kill it Live album had 'Connect the Dots' which was one of their best songs, imo.

21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'll have to give it a few more listens. I fell in love with Happy Being Miserable right away.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Resurrection mostly sucked. Radiosurgery was mehhhh.

FTank likes this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

How are either of these songs any different from either of those albums?

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I guess I should have just said Resurrection. I didn't mind Radiosurgery that much.

These songs are way catchier than most everything on Resurrection. They used two guitars again so the songs don't sound empty and hollow.

25. TFT87

Regular

Resurrection and Radiosurgery are so bad, especially considering how good their previous material is.