Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Nothing to Say”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

"You're so see through, you might as well be a window." Yikes

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Love the verse, the chorus meh

StoJa9 likes this.
  4. StoJa9

Regular

Love the breakdown

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So these about Hayley or what?

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

7. valupac

Ok song but those are some of the worst lyrics..

8. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

That's my biggest issue with the album as a whole. The lyrics are atrocious, especially Double Chin for the Win's chorus-
    You could have any other guy
    And can't you see
    My sides hang over my jeans?

valupac likes this.
  9. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

wow these lyrics are atrocious

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

same can be said for every other song on the album so far.

11. parkerxcore

I'm so bummed to hear it.

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Basically this. The music isn't bad, but the lyrics are pure cringe.

13. huntercrunch

Regular

Yeah, I have no idea what happened to their lyrical content on this album. It's just bizarre.

Here's my favorite bad lyric, from "Birthday Song but Not Really"

"You leave me napkins, in my glovebox, cuz you know I need them, to wipe my hands off. Yeah, I eat in my car, way too much." You can't make this stuff up.

I honestly do like the album. They continue to write really fun and catchy songs, but the dreadful lyrical content on nearly every song is rather distracting, which is strange because they've never really had particularly bad lyrics before in my opinion. All you really need to do is look at the song titles. There's probably 3 songs on here that have decent lyrics. That's not good.

I have to wonder why they reverted sonically right after Makes Me Sick. That wasn't even that massive of a departure for them like Coming Home was, but it was enough to feel fresh. This album just sounds like somewhere between Radiosurgery and Resurrection. It's definitely better than Resurrection, though.

14. parkerxcore

oh man i forgot how terrible Resurrection is and I'm putting this album up there with that one. I wish they could just scrap this one before releasing it.

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I agree with all of this (in fact, I think I said about all of these things verbatim when it first leaked lol).

We all had the debate about the lyrics in the album thread, but basically, my take was this: I've never put too much stock into lyrics when it comes to a pop punk band like this, but I do not want them to be downright cringe-worthy like with this album. They've never had the best lyrics, but if there was a bad line or two, I wouldn't even notice and would probably just gloss right over them. With this album, nearly every track has something that makes me either double take or ask, "Is that really the best they could come up with?"

Again, I don't expect poetry from them, but I don't want to feel absolutely embarrassed trying to sing along to it.

16. battlingaheavyheart

searching for a former clarity

To agree with others here, I was going to say this sounds like it should be on Radiosurgery

17. thisisasong

I don’t know what happened with Steve’s court case but his lyrics were a huge part of NFG’s core identity and his absence may be felt more on this record if this is what we can expect lyrically. For me personally, if the lyrics are shallow and awful, it takes away from my enjoyment of a song or album as a whole.

18. StoJa9

Regular

The lyrics suck but the album has that NFG sound and energy. i really like it. I feel that they reached back and made songs that could go on any one of their previous albums. There's songs that are "that's from Catalyst" or "that's got a Coming Home" vibe.