Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Greatest Of All Time” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 10, 2020.

1. thecobrakais

Regular

Makes Me Sick was just missing something for me. The energy was off. This new track rips and I'm genuinely excited to hear what else is on the record. I can't say that about their last few albums.

bptky and SFguitar like this.
  2. thecobrakais

Regular

3. Uknown76

The new album is good !! B-) :eh:

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Big ole meh

5. Love the song, don't like the lyrics.

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I can't get over how stupid that Jordan, Rodman, and Pippin line in the chorus is it completely ruins the song.

Brent likes this.
  7. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

The song was ruined by the stick figure line before that, but that was certainly the nail in the coffin.

How these lyrics got approved by Chad/Jordan's brains, then the rest of the band, then everyone in the studio, is beyond me...

parkerxcore likes this.
  8. parkerxcore

I always think about that. How did a lyric/song go from a certain member, to the entire band, record producer, record label, etc. How do they sit there and go this is it.

9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

They may not be the best lyrics but it probably means something to them. And you could go on a looooong, deep dive to find so many bands that put out garbage lyrics way worse than this!

10. Don't even have to go on a deep dive, this album has multitudes worse coming your way.

Brent likes this.
  11. parkerxcore

that sucks I loved their last record.

12. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I'm not saying it doesn't mean anything. Hell, I actually like the sentiment and reference and what they're TRYING to say. The way it's written is just junior high at best.

And just like you can't use "look at this list of other murderers!" as a way to get out of a murder charge, finding other lyrics that are also bad does not make these any less terrible.

theredline likes this.
  13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

No, I get it. I just feel like my point is some of my favorite bands have some garbage lyrics. And even though this has some bad lines I can handle it because the music is killer and I’m hoping there’s more good than bad! But we shall see....

14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Man. Makes Me Sick was so damn good. I can’t believe they really pivoted that far into...something bad?

I mean, the single is growing on me so if that’s what this record is, I’m not going to be that sad.

15. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I'd agree and add it was their best album since Coming Home.