Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Get Me Home”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. gbuffers Dec 16, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2022)
    gbuffers

England.

For the first time in 23 years (with NFG) I am not feeling these songs at all. My only ‘favourite’ band I’ve ever had. I want to like them, but they’re not doing it for me, sadly.

DannyZach, Paulms85 and adelaide21 like this.
  3. adelaide21

All time favorite band so I hate to bash this song, especially due to the message behind Chad’s cancer, but this needed another couple passes. The lyrics and cadence during the verses are so jarring, and I’d love for Jordan to go down a key or two. Hoping the remaining originals are a step up from this.

Paulms85 likes this.
  4. ctigers92

Yeah, this one is a miss. Dream Born Again is one I'm really enjoying right now though.

Paulms85, Bayside 182 and adelaide21 like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

I definitely don’t like this as much as the last one, but it’s fine.

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Band needs to just be a legacy act at this point.

7. DannyZach

Trusted

Do not feel any of these new songs.Also agree I would love Jordan go lower with his voice.That was one of the strongest things on Coming Home.
    But also somehow all these songs lack any sort of catchy melody

Paulms85 and adelaide21 like this.
  8. Rustash

Thing-doer

Not Without A Fight was the last album that really did much for me, sad to say. These guys were absolutely essential in shaping my music taste back in the day.

Paulms85 likes this.
  9. Paulms85

Regular Supporter

Agree with all of the above. They were my favourite band of the early 00s era. Even enjoyed the albums up to Resurrection. But since then, particularly with Infinity and these tracks, the lyrics have really hit a low point and Jordan's singing is almost unbearable.

10. gbuffers

England.

Agreed. It pains me to say it because of how much I love the band but it feels like they’re really relying on the good will they’ve earned now.

11. DannyZach

Trusted

Did anyone ever caught that country album Jordan recorded way back with some Florida band?It has a horseshoe on the cover and believe it pops up on Apple Music and Spotify when you just search for Jordan Pundik.
    I’m not into pop country at all but his voice there is absolutely the best he ever sounded

Brent likes this.
  12. adelaide21

For The Sender. amazing tracks on that record

Brent likes this.
  13. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

IMO that stems from (rightfully) firing Steve Klein. He was the far better lyricist of the group.

Paulms85 and Brent like this.
  14. staygold

better off dead

Steve not being in the band had a massive negative effect on the quality of the music. Not just lyrics but vocal melody as well.

elphshelf likes this.
  15. I loved Makes Me Sick, and the last EP, and this albums pretty solid too. :shrug:

16. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

Makes me Sick is top tier NFG imo.

Forever and ever I just could not get into at all. It didn't feel very catchy and seemed to be missing classic NFG hooks. To be fair, I think the lyrics completely turned me off and ruined it for me. I forgot they released a christmas album last year and need to remember to check that out.

As for these acoustic songs, they are just ok so far.

parkerxcore and reachingfor like this.
  17. joenicorata

Newbie Supporter

Really digging this track. It feels real. It might be acoustic, but I am cranking it like any NFG track and it is bleeding emotion. Long live NFG

18. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

I also dig this track. Vocals might sound better lower but it was nice overall.

19. sowrongitsryan

Regular

“I’ve got friends imprisoned by their depression, I need to be there for them, I tend to be a positive outlet in a cynical scene”

After reading this thread, I think NFG got these lyrics just right lol

Music is FUNdamental likes this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah surprised to see the negativity in this thread. This stuff has been great compared to Forever and Ever x Infinity (not that that's saying much, but still).

21. inreverie386

Thirding Makes Me Sick being top tier.

reachingfor likes this.
  22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Tiers:

Coming Home
    Sticks & Stones
    Self-Titled
    ---
    Makes Me Sick
    Catalyst
    ---
    Radiosurgery
    Nothing Gold Can Stay
    Not Without A Fight
    ---
    Resurrection
    Never & Ever x Infinity Because This Album is Awful

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Makes Me Sick is below NWAF for me

parkerxcore likes this.
  24. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Yeah that was not pleasant. I back the support for NWAF. Never understood why that record isn't higher on everyone's list.

333 GANG likes this.
  25. Rustash

Thing-doer

Deffo agree with your top tier, though I'd put NWAF up with Catalyst.