Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory – “Backseat”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The two songs on this are better than anything on the standard record. Something is more organic about the songs. Its hard to define but it’s more appealing.

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Completely agree

VivaLaPopPunk and Pepetito like this.
  4. OhitsKramer

Software Developing and crying

I really like these new additions we've heard so far but I gotta say, I've really struggled to connect with this band or any of their releases since Coming Home. Maybe I'm in the minority but that record is my favorite by them next to Self titled and Sticks and Stones.

5. theredline Jul 30, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 30, 2021)
    theredline

Trusted Supporter

Good tune. Perfect mix of pop and aggression. And I like it so much better when the lyrics aren’t trying too hard to be…whatever they’re doing on some of the last record’s songs. Simple, straightforward, keep doing this and I’m in!

Pepetito likes this.
  6. Dead_Presley

couldnt agree more with this

falafelmywaffle and Pepetito like this.
  7. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

when I got tattooed by Jordan, he told me that the direction of coming home is where he wanted to go but people didn’t like it so they just kept doing straight pop punk

8. mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

That’s such a bummer to hear. I wish they would have stuck with it. People would have come around or they would have retained some fans—like me. Coming Home was the last record of their’s I liked. I give every record an honest spin and none of them have done a thing for me. Coming Home has some of their best melodies and just really well-written pop rock songs. It felt more honest than anything they’ve done since.

9. jeff.dart

Regular

Word. Sticks, catalyst, coming home was a solid run. Makes me sick was the closest thing to those albums though.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  10. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I think Makes Me Sick is their most “Coming Home”-like record since but it’s still got the punch people love about NFG. It baffles me that people are ambivalent about it for the most part. It was and is terrific.

mmhmm, bobby_runs, Mrk_Brdshw and 4 others like this.
  11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I actually like that record a lot. Aaron Sprinkle does amazing work and his fingerprints are all over that album!

12. slovo

Since 2003, good God am I old. Prestigious

Has the mixing on these past 2 songs been... kinda muddy? I feel like the vocals are so dulled under the guitars

13. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

I would say NWAF is the closest to the greats

14. sowrongitsryan

Regular

These new songs are solid. Makes me sick was not very good. It could be better than everything they’ve released post-geffen, but that’s a very, very, very low bar imo.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  15. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Baffles me when people say they don't like Makes Me Sick Again. Are we listening to the same record?

16. theredline

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

mmhmm likes this.