Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Fall Out Boy Single Next Week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fall Out Boy will release “Love From the Other Side” on January 18th.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

let’s GOOOOOO

Phantoms and Chase Tremaine like this.
  3. Promising clip, excited to hear the whole thing!

CAC3, Phantoms and Chase Tremaine like this.
  4. Eml182

Regular

Oh man- guitar driven FOB again. Lovvvvve it.

5. rbf737

Regular

Man it sounds like the two tracks that were new on the best of from 2009. Absolute peak FOB. Fingers crossed!

Phantoms and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  6. Drew23

Regular

Gave me the chills

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Recently finished reading Joe's book. Not only did it allow me to have an greater appreciation for that beautiful human, but I was really happy to hear about his level of involvement on this record.

8. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Sounds like a banger.

9. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Would love more details on his involvement. How much did he say about this upcoming record??

10. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

yeah, that was a great read. I read it around the holidays. I laughed when he apologized for the Ghostbusters cover. I had no idea they even had done that but I love how honest and funny he is and that was cool that he said that Fall Out Boy definitely have a guitar album in them even if it never happens, because the last two or three albums have been garbage in my opinion, and he was cool enough to say yeah those albums might not be for everyone and that he didn’t really put a lot into it because he was dealing with his own shit which I respect. I grew up in the northwest suburbs of Chicago during the heyday of Fall Out Boy so they will always have a special place in my heart, but everything since the reunion has been music to be played during segments of sporting events in various arenas.

11. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i also finished the book recently and found it be an enjoyable, insightful read - but some of the prose was PAINFUL. loved getting inside his head, just wish he was able to articulate himself in a less cringe way

sorry to be a downer but i haven't had anyone else to talk to about it so just thought i'd get my two cents out

and yes, excited for new music

12. nelsonalexander

Very excited for this. I refuse to even acknowledge MANIA. This sounds promising!

13. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

mania made my ears fill up with blood.

14. SFguitar

Regular

Folie a Deux was this band's last good album. Everything since has sounded like music you hear in Target lol

carlosonthedrums and WadeCastle like this.
  15. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

The last track on mania is one of my favorites from them

scottlechowicz and Bartek T. like this.
  16. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Everything post hiatus has been great. MANIA has some HITS on it.

17. carlosonthedrums

He talked about how he was feeling more involved than he had in a long time prior to his recent back surgery, and how the guys in the band actually put the writing on pause while he recovered so that he could take the time to heal and not be left out of any progress. He mentions on a couple of occasions that he wasn't fond of many of the decisions made on the last few records, so it clearly means a lot to him to have his work showcased on the upcoming album. I'm pumped to hear it.

18. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Good to be reminded Joe's book is already out. Need to find it somewhere! The clip sounds promising ;u

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  20. carlosonthedrums

Definitely worth it.

21. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

my sister found it for me at our local library!

Bartek T. likes this.
  22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'm in Poland saddly, so it's usually quite painful to get items like that if you don't want to spend too much on shipping and possible taxes, but I'll find my way hopefully

WadeCastle likes this.
  23. There's so many bands I loved that don't exist anymore, I'm glad for whatever success a band can get, especially if it keeps them making new albums.

[​IMG]

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Bartek T. likes this.
  25. Blazecc

Newbie Supporter

It's a fuckin BANGER