Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Fall Out Boy EP Reportedly Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy confirmed with ABC Radio that the band is “just about done” with a new EP and are aiming to release it in September:

As for what’s on the EP, Wentz says it’ll include a full version of the Fall Out Boy demo “Lake Effect Kid,” which was recorded around the band’s 2008 album Folie a Deux, as well as a “semi-new” song and a “really new” one.

Jesse West likes this.
  2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

ummm yes please.

3. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

My body is ready.

4. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

With a new Lake Effect Kid I pray these sound more like FAD than newer stuff but they probably won't. But I will check them out anyway.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. delvec19

Trusted

Do they have have full versions of those Llamania songs? Those sounded like they could be really great.

6. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This sounds cool. Band never stops since they have been back together. Not complaining mind.

7. Maverick

Trusted

As long as this isn’t another Pax Am Days I’m here for it

8. So three new songs in addition to MANIA? Here for it.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  9. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

10. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Well, I just hope it's better than Mania.

11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

:up::chin:

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I didn't care for Mania personally. It wasn't terrible. Most of it just didn't really do anything for me. And this is coming from someone who LOVED Save Rock and Roll and most of American Beauty American Psycho.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Really hope they keep Lake Effect Kid basically the same, would love to hear a fully produced version of that track

Mick and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  14. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

The likelihood of that being the case 10 years later is probably pretty low, but I think they'll manage to do the song justice regardless.

Butinsmallsteps and tdlyon like this.
  15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Loved that song ;d it will probably sound way different now, the demo had its charm. Same with Hand Of God.

zachzacchero and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  16. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I too hope that they keep the "Get familiar" and "C-c-c-c-c-clinton sparks."

Bartek T., Mick, tdlyon and 1 other person like this.
  17. Walkabout

Regular

damage control?