Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Coheed album absolutely slaps

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ska Senanake, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Tell me a band from the scene from the late 90s early 2000s that is still making music as good as these guys? Their new album is probably the best thing they have put out in 13 years. Awesome. \m/

christsizedshoes likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thrice

Quercus, riotspray, beachdude and 3 others like this.
  3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Great thread.

I actually like this new Coheed album way more than new Thrice. I was thinking about that yesterday.

5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The new Thrice album was their worst since....identity crisis? maybe? or artist, maybe.

6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Nah

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Either way, this album been hittin so far so it doesn't matter what thrice is doing

8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

coheed album is great but the mewithoutyou record is a masterpiece

Quercus likes this.
  9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

so there's your answer

10. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

First listen and I’m through the Pavilion.

My expectations were sky high. So far, they haven’t been met. It’s really solid. I just haven’t been blow away by anything yet. Hope that changes on the back half.

11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

As far as new albums go...

Coheed, mewithoutYou = :thumbup:
    Thrice = :thumbdown:

Cool thread.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’m really gonna need Jason to impliment a dislike button.

Or perhaps just a “side eye” button.

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Will have to check out the mwY record now since I trust anyone who calls out that thrice record for being floppy

Micah511 likes this.
  14. Micah511

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Micah511 likes this.
  16. Elder Lightning

:sly:

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. Elder Lightning Oct 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2018)
    Elder Lightning

New Thrice is great, new mwY is really good, and haven’t listened to C&C yet, but I wasn’t really feeling the pre-release tracks I listened to.

But I’m also not really a huge Coheed fan. I think they have one great album (IKS) and most everything else has good songs but is overall lacking. I also think their last album would’ve easily been their best if it just had some goshdang guitar solos.

beachdude likes this.
  18. Micah511

This album has a couple solos, but it honestly feels marketed towards someone who loved the stuff before YOTBR. It has similar production to Good Apollo and NWFT. Seems like a deliberate attempt to appease longtime fans and bring older fans back into the fold.

I tried hard to get into Thrice, but it was not clicking at all for me. I'm more of a casual Thrice fan, and didn't really dive into their discog until TBE came out, and that one is still my favorite front to back.

KidLightning likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I need to spend more time with the Thrice album, but I will say it's the first record they've released that I haven't been immediately drawn to.

There are at least a few bangers on it though.

20. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Lol you got me there! Palms is really good and I'm seeing them on Sunday! Brand New from a music perspective but fuck Jesse. Manchester and Portugal. The Man but they both started mid 2000s.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It has definitely grown on me the more I've listened to it. My Soul is so sexy.

riotspray and KidLightning like this.