Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Blink-182 in April?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Very exciting

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Bring back tom

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

WOOH

5. DooDooBird

Trusted

6. Muzick

CMilliken and Raku like this.
  7. untilitkills83

new music from these dudes is excellent news indeed, still miss tom, but digging the energy and direction they've stuck to with california.

8. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I miss Tom, mainly his presence on guitar, but I am definitely stoked for this! Bring it on!

9. Raku

Regular

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'm really hoping this new material will be better than 'California' because I really wasn't a fan of what they released last time.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. DallasSF

Travis seems to think these tracks are better.

11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I hope they are...but here's my question...if they are better why weren't they on the record in the first place? I know some were written after but if some were written at the same time, why didn't The make it?

Raku likes this.
  12. oneeightytwo

Regular

Maybe they have a different vibe, so would feel out of place on the original track list?

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wouldn't mind tom coming back and cooperating with the other members

Raku likes this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Tom | Matt | Travis | Mark | Bono

15. mattylikesfilms Feb 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 4, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Let's see if they can out-do the number of "wooo oh oh ohhh" California had as lyric fillers!

16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

N33DZ blastbeatz

18. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Tom could barely make time to work with two people much less three. I hate to say it, but I'm glad he's gone. I still agree that he's great for the band if he can give 100%, but it's been well over a decade since that was the case, and I don't see that ever changing at this point. Instead of going get another year with no new music, they're nominated for a Grammy (which speaks to their success even if you don't care about award shows).

jorbjorb and BradBradley like this.
  19. Why would you want someone who doesn't even care for the band back ? Do you also believe musicians write better music when they're on drugs and / or unhappy ?

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for this. So glad it's going to be almost like a brand new album's worth of material.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I hope not

22. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I only want Tom back if he wants to be back and in answer to your second question, sometimes.