Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Blink-182 Album Will Go in Lots of Different Directions • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh god no. Fall Out Boy's music now is catchy and fun but zero substance... like most pop music. Fuck that. I just want a record that rocks like the Untitled did but also be experimental like that record as well.

Also I dig Weezer's white record. Best record they have released in quite some time.

Jake Z and slimfenix182 like this.
  2. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Disagree with almost every word of this post.

3. Brandon Allin

Travis described the record as Enema of the State meets Untitled, which I am very excited about.

Schooner and slimfenix182 like this.
  4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I'd be SUPER bummed if blink went the FOB route. I know people on here really enjoy what FOB has done post-reunion, but I just cannot get into it. With that being said - I'd enjoy it if blink just continued doing blink things. If that means they decided to completely change their sound like that, ok well at least they're still around and I have the opportunity to hear Mark's vocals and attend their live shows.

Schooner likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Please please please

Brandon Allin likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I mean i'll listen to anything they wanna try. Just no empty pop songs like "ohhhhhhh where did the party go? Ohhhhh" like ugh shoot me lol

Schooner likes this.
  7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Where'd he say that?! You keep posting things that excite me and I need to verify!

Brandon Allin likes this.
  8. Brandon Allin

3 minute mark for the quote

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  9. Jake Z

Regular

Lol at people who say ____ is dead. Always makes me laugh. If you only measure success by top 40 radio(which is the REAL dying platform) you are severely misguided. What rules the chart is always cyclical and never permanent. The fact that Blink can generate this much hype and have this rabid a fan base after doing very little for 13 years is just amazing. 90% of the groups that are popular on the charts right now won't have longevity anywhere close to Blink.

10. eboo

I also disagree I don't want blink to try to be something they are not. I want them to sound like a bunch dudes inspired by the Cure and the Descendents.... not whatever is fucking popular right now.