Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Blink-182 Album Will Go in Lots of Different Directions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rolling Stone were at the kickoff “Karaoke Bash” for Blink-182’s new album and tour and the article has some new information peppered in.

“It goes in a lot of different directions,” says Hoppus. “We have some songs that sound like Blink-182 from 1999. … We have some songs that are like nothing we have ever done before. We have a ballad called ‘Home Is Such a Lonely Place’ that has clean arpeggiated finger-picking guitars with strings underneath it. We have super-fast late-Nineties-punk-rock-sounding songs. … We tried to capture the energy and not worry so much about all the knobs.”

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

No offense but this might be the least I've ever agreed with a post

Blink taking the modern Fall Out Boy route would make me so fucking sad

3. Some newer sounding dude ranch style songs would be fantastic

4. I wasn't excited for this album at all, but after Bored To Death (which I've probably played 20 - 30 times) and these posts, I'm super stoked

koryoreo, beachdude42 and Jason Tate like this.
  5. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Sometimes too many styles/vibes on an album throw me off. But as long as there's on focus in the sound, I'll be happy.

6. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

if modern blink sounded like modern fall out boy i would probably modern kill myself

7. Rock.

Is.

Dead.

8. DesolateEarth

Birb

I heavily disagree that rock is "dead". It may not top the pop charts anymore but calling a band who can still fill up arenas dead is a bit of an exaggeration.

And as someone who is not into new Fall Out Boy, I am very happy that they aren't going in that direction. If anything, I was hoping for a darker alkaline/+44 vibe from this album. Doesn't sound like we are gonna get that either, but I will take a 90's pop punk sound too.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I have never disagreed with a post more vehemently in all my time on this website, and yes I'm including AP.

10. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. Rustash

Thing-doer

Nothing's a "dead sound" if people are still listening to it. If they go the way of Fall Out Boy I'll be so fucking disappointed.

12. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

I'd like a glass of citation and references to the statement "rock is dead" please.

Curious to hear "Home Is Such A Lonely Place."

13. DannyZach

Trusted

14. DannyZach

Trusted

No way....

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

God yes. I want blink to be blink. New FOB feels like modern day Jock Jams to me with how every single is plastered all over sporting events.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  16. Schooner

Trusted

I've already disowned Fall Out Boy post reunion.
    I would never recover if blink did. But I have 99% confidence that they won't be. Especially after hearing the fantastic BTD

17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

[​IMG]

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If rock is dead, then I'm Tom DeLonge.

Luroda likes this.
  19. Fox83

Trusted

I remember a whole segment on MTV in the late 90's about how rock was dying and nearly dead. Then Blink, Green Day, Incubus, RHCP, Linkin Park, etc all had massive hits/albums. It's all about what genres are delivering the best work. Rock will come back around. It seems to fluctuate with time.

Penguin likes this.
  20. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Hi Tom! Biggest fan in the thread here. Tell me more about aliens.

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

They look like spiders eating your insides!

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

In what world is Dammit aka Growing Up?

23. bristphili

Absolutely not. i just want some truly high quality, undoubtedly Blink-182 songs. which is something we haven't had in way too long. i want to hear Hoppus sing about how he built a pool specifically to see naked males and forget he's over 40 years old for 16 seconds. all hail Blink.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

There aren't enough likes in the world for this post, so have one from me. It's the least I can do.

Fox83 and bristphili like this.
  25. testtime

Regular

That's cool that you do, but I'd blush if they did. I love blink 182, but I also love that they were on top for 6/7 years. I definitely wouldn't hate if they were on top again.

Weezers White album had a very modern contemporary sound in my opinion.

mattylikesfilms likes this.