Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Artwork, New Release Date for the 1975

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The 1975’s album, Notes on a Conditional Form, has a new album cover (high-resolution version attached below) and release date of April 24th, 2020 on Apple Music.

[​IMG]

scottlechowicz likes this.
  2. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

That artwork:

[​IMG]

3. wrenleslie

Ugh this is my favorite band, I try so hard to love everything they do...... but that artwork is so cringy.

4. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

is that confirmed as the new artwork?

5. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

Unfortunate about the pushback, but I'm not unfortunately surprised. Love this band, but I'll believe new record release dates when they're in my library.

Someone mind describing what's so cringy about the album art?

6. heymynameisjoe

dwpaulin and AVanMill17 like this.
  7. AVanMill17

Regular

Agreeeeed :up:

that being said, in the Notes On a Conditional Form thread there's some good traction on supporting a name change to Boot World. So that's something.

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I loved this band but I truly believe they're going to ruin their legacy and this album will be a disappointment like LP 3.

9. AVanMill17

Regular

You think LP 3 (A Brief Inquiry) was a disappointment? Assuming you mean "ruin their legacy" to you personally right?

10. Delysid

Regular

I guess they’re being deliberate with the risk taking

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I believe their album sales and future fan base will be impacted. I hope I'm wrong as I love the first 2 records and their live show.

12. heymynameisjoe

i feel like brief inquiry is objectively a massive success... no?

13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I could see why the changed the original cover, it was very formulaic for this current music climate, but, you can do better than this 1975.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  14. Well. That is unexpected. Emojis on a Conditional Form? I mean I’m in as long the music stays as great as the singles have been, but I loooooved the old chaotic art

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Could that just be for the digital version?

Cmoney86 likes this.
  16. laraheart

matt healy: "this isn't a climate record"
    also matt healy: earth tho

17. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

... da fuq?

18. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

19. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

In light of the art, what are some of everyone's favorite sounding records that look really bad from an artwork standpoint?

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I grew up on Pen & Pixel artwork on hip hop albums, so bad artwork doesn't faze me.

21. DearCory

Regular

In an Instagram Live video the other day, Matty said the album was just finished and was just turned in. He went on to say turnaround for vinyl and pressing of everything is 3 months, hence why the new April date. So I think this one should actually stick!

22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Oh man. I love Anthony Green's Avalon but that artwork looks like it was made in MS paint. Luv Is Rage 2 could've had good artwork but the final product is a mess imo and it's one of my favorite albums of the last five years. Thursday make great albums but some questionable artwork choices. Tbh though I dislike this 1975 cover more than any of the album covers I've mentioned. Combined.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Kid Pix 101

Dog Fish likes this.
  24. wrenleslie

yeah I'm a bit confused by this whole idea. Ruin their legacy... based on the artwork? Or the 3 singles we've heard?

I have to admit Brief Inquiry is probably my least favorite of the 3, but I still like it. And it was generally received very well.

25. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter