Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Alkaline Trio EP Coming Before Bad Religion Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 5, 2020.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m not the one defending racism so...

2. simonbelmont

Regular

Now I'm defending it? I thought I was just guilty of tolerating? So I'm defending racism because I'm saying another human being has the right to read and talk to whomever he wants... you're brilliant and I hope one day you see your Utopia where people aren't allowed basic freedoms. You will love it I'm sure, and racism will also be eradicated with the birth of this Utopia.

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That’s not really the argument your first post was articulating, but go off. You can make as many long-winded posts as you want, bottom line, you’re still defending racism and admitting to being totally complacent around it.

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. simonbelmont

Regular

I forgot about the first post rule here I'll re-run everything by it make sure it all goes together.

Long winded oh wow biting to the bone. Ouch well your posts are short, ignorant, and purely self serving. You are so righteous and smart because of their lack of length and windedness.

Actual bottom line you're attacking another person's basic rights and equating it with their perceived racism. Matt Skiba is not a racist, and you are ignorant.

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah okay! And I bet your family isn’t racist either, they just have old fashioned ideals.

6. simonbelmont

Regular

"If Hilary wins after eight years of that "deragotory ugly word" I'm getting my f*cking gun there's going to be a revolution." Believe it or not a few of them said this. It's painful and it's worse that you would make light of it. That's a bit worse than reading a book and talking to someone.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

And you attributed that to being “unsavory”. There’s literally no need for comparison. Your family is racist. Matt Skiba is very potentially racist, I’m not sure why you’re defending him so much. Being friends with a neo nazi is a choice you make and a choice that rightfully so could earn you criticism and condemnation. If you don’t agree with that, why don’t you open this conversation up with a POC and see if they agree with you. You absolutely are who you associate yourself with, and if you associate yourself with racists and use racist imagery for your promotion, how on earth can you be surprised people would come to certain conclusions about you? You can’t possibly be that daft to think it’s asinine that people are going to infer that.

8. simonbelmont

Regular

People infer because they are ignorant. Not everyone is a product of who they surround themselves with and that shouldn't beget criticism that's an awful way to think.

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yikes. This is literally how racism is fueled and able to continue.

10. Man, the block button on here really is a blessing and a curse. This all looks like it’s just a one sided conversation haha.

tyramail likes this.
  11. simonbelmont

Regular

It is not. Matt Skiba is not a racist. Judging by how much you would have a person's life controlled you will never understand.

People aren't guilty by association and you haven't made one positive difference on this issue by chirping on a forum about how you would make everyone be in your Utopia.

Quit pretending you are so infallible and intelligent on this issue because you just repeat this drivel.

12. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

When your opinions are so awful and you know it so you have to whip out your anon account to post them.

13. simonbelmont

Regular

Me or you considering Audrey Horne is a character on Twin Peaks. This thread is so full of phony outrage.

14. simonbelmont Mar 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2020)
    simonbelmont

Regular

Maybe you could try spelling while you kick off your phony outrage about "Asia Argentino"?! My family is racist I don't think it's just unsavory it's fucking disgusting, but I live where this is everywhere....let me repeat that EVERYWHERE.

Effigies on barns, stars and bars, and worst of all Trump no more bullshit campaign signs adorning every fucking house. I'm assuming you live in a more urban area to think that something like this is worth this kind of crazy outrage. You've seen and know nothing about how really bad it is if this is how upset you are over it.

15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I guess I just think racism everywhere is worth outrage, but that’s where we seem to differ. I live in a historically racist city and a state where the KKK still has factions which isn’t really relevant, as I don’t think racism is less important or given a free pass based on location. Also, pointing out an auto correct error of “Argento” doesn’t diminish the fact that he was vehemently defending her predatory behavior because they’re friends. You are the company you keep, but cool deflection.

16. simonbelmont

Regular

I was pointing out that if you cared so much maybe you'd have spelled it correctly. Not a deflection just lame that you "care so much" but you couldn't be bothered to spell her name right.

And why aren't you leading your community or coming to flyover country and trying to tell people of this outrage and see what it does for you.

Maybe you could try explaining Matt Skiba to the rubes who am I kidding they'll already know! They are having a keggar tonight for him joining the ranks of the racist.

Racism is disgusting everywhere I don't think this qualifies in the least. Matt is left of left and you're just conflating what he reads with who you think that makes him. By your logic if he read C.S Lewis's Mere Christianity he must be now be overtly religious and not just interested in a subject. It's madness you're propagating and people like you make the problem worse not better.

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That’s literally what deflection is, as the spelling has zero relevance to the point and you knew exactly who I was talking about.

Yeah, I’m just gonna end this and agree to disagree with your god awful take and weird assumption that you somehow know more about Matt than the rest of us.

18. simonbelmont

Regular

Your point was he has a problematic friendship with the woman who almost destroyed the MeToo movement after being in such a prominent role.....wow great you don't like who he's friends with so what? Maybe he knows something we don't not a huge deal if that's the case.

Your take is the God awful one the majority of this bullshit came from a horrible blog that basically points out that the man is human and has flaws. He's not a racist you just can't get over that can you?

Yes, Boyd Rice and Death in June is problematic. But if you know anything about Boyd Rice, Death In June, and the whole Neo-Folk scene, then you would understand that being problematic is the whole idea. Douglas P of Death in June is an openly gay man. The reason he uses Nazi imagery is an attempt to reclaim/repurpose it. The totenkopf he displays on stage literally has a rainbow behind it.

19. thenewmatthewperry Mar 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2020)
    thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

As a black man, I don’t extend trust to people reading white supremacist literature.

I don’t extend trust to people who hang out and discuss and share white supremacist literature with each other.

I don’t extend trust to people who say they’re rehabilitating nazi imagery to be “problematic” on purpose.

They don’t belong in the punk scene, because they are a threat to people like me.

You won’t silence my voice because you think it’s “totalitarian”.

one more time for the people in back;

Nazi Punks Fuck Off.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

what - and i cannot stress this more - the FUCK - did i just read

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

22. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

I've seen a lot of bad takes and trolls on this site over the years and that whole thing ranks in the top 3 at least.

theredline likes this.
  23. theredline

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

bradsonemanband likes this.