Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Alkaline Trio EP Coming Before Bad Religion Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 5, 2020.

1. J.love

Regular

Skiba wrote on ig that It'll be a 7" with one song on each side. Maybe the last song is a BR cover or digital release only.

2. HatingEveryMinute

2005 OMEA runner up in triangle solo

You should give it a try and just enjoy this EP instead of pushing a delusion that isn’t there.

Dan O'Neill and atticusfinch like this.
  3. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

As a black man, I assure you I am not delusional.

"You have only to look at some men, to know that they belong to an inferior breed. Take the Negro for example. His narrow cranial development, his prognathous jaw, his projecting lips, his wide nasal aperture, his simian disposition, his want of forethought, originality, and mental capacity: are all peculiarities strictly inferior."

This is the trash Skiba is reading and posting about on the world wide web.

Fuck off.

GrantCloud, Audrey Horne and tyramail like this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Imagine calling it a delusion when the man is literally friends with a neo nazi. Pot calling the kettle black, no?

5. HatingEveryMinute

2005 OMEA runner up in triangle solo

Yes that is a vile statement and Skiba would agree with you on that

1E654536-C079-42EC-9389-F1C80FA0D165.jpeg

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It certainly isn’t a good look to post white supremacist materials, use nazi imagery for your promotional purposes, and openly be friends with a neo nazi. He cannot be upset in anyway that people are coming to probable conclusions. Worth noting that his Nazi friend commented on his reading materials with high praise, which also isn’t a good look.

GrantCloud and Audrey Horne like this.
  7. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

He's done a lot more than just post Might is Right on his instagram... Definitely past being a delusion bro

GrantCloud, tyramail and Audrey Horne like this.
  8. thenewmatthewperry Mar 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2020)
    thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

"People who jump to judgment based on what?... shallow and unintelligent" - Skiba

"want of forethought, originality, and mental capacity: are all peculiarities strictly inferior." - Might is Right

He's internalized the exact quote and his platforming and friendly association with white supremacists and use of their symbols should make his insistence that he's not racist or sexist clear he's crying wolf.

tyramail likes this.
  9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I miss the days when Tony Lovato was the only pop-punk neo-Nazi.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'll have to give the album another shot then. I just found it to be mostly boring but I'll give it another go sometime this weekend :thumbup:

terps12 likes this.
  11. Trio182

Derek is back with the band which is amazing.. Cant wait, one of my favorite bands ever..

12. Walkabout

Regular

Good mourning>Infirmary>Cursed?> Catch Fire> Crimson > Goddammit > My Shame > Agony > This Addiction.

I think that’s all of them.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That is one hot take.

14. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Is it? I mostly agree with it, except Catch Fire and Goddamnit would both be in the top 3 for me.

I would also put the self-titled release really high, but I know it’s not technically an album.

Walkabout likes this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Nah, good take lol. My top 3 is FHTI, GM and Cursed

Walkabout likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think Crimson is too low and Cursed is too high (re-listened to it today - felt nothing).

Mildly hot take then lol

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. Walkabout

Regular

Crimson is severely lacking in the Dan department

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You're definitely not wrong there but the record is still my favorite ALK3 record of all time. Also, it has two of the best Dan songs of all time - "I Was A Prayer" and "Smoke".

Walkabout and Dan O'Neill like this.
  19. simonbelmont

Regular

Goodness, not allowed to be friends with people who have monstrous opinions, how else do you reach people like this? I live in an area where white supremacy is king and if you don't learn to live with it there's no hope for relationships, so I guess I should not talk, relate, or have any relationships at all based solely on principal? Oh and I can't read drivel either because that means I support it and those who propagate it.

Like I'm dead serious what's left of my nuclear family believes Trump was sent from God to save the "persecuted" white man. Am I now racist because I'm racist adjacent?

I agree it's unsavory but you aren't him he's not you. What he reads and who he associates with in the end is really none of your business, and if you wanna have an opinion on it why don't you dm him rather than try to change other people's opinions of him in a forum.

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I would rather not have friendships than have friendships with racists so I’m not really sure what this god awful take is supposed to prove. Dumbing racism down to “unsavory” might be the worst take I’ve seen in this thread yet.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. simonbelmont

Regular

Then fucking don't, but don't act like you're on a pedestal because you don't. You're so concerned about shit "not being a good look" that you look terrible because you think you can tell people what to read or who to talk to.

I wanna live in a world without the monstrosity of racism too but going as far as saying you can't read this, can't talk to them, can't say that, and you're takes look an awful lot like the Trump toting facism you claim to be against.

Hate my take? Good, you're opinion of my take doesn't matter to me.

22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

If you want to live in a world without racism you could first start by denouncing racism. Being a coward and being friends with racists isn’t going to lead us in a racism free direction. You equating not tolerating racism with facism is scary. That’s a terrifying mindset to have, you may as well just join the ranks of your supremacist family.

23. simonbelmont

Regular

Ha! Consider it denounced! I hate racism, the rascist mindset, and especially the thinking that people are somehow inferior because of the color of their skin. And have had this argument ad nauseum.

How many opinions have you changed telling people how they should live or conveniently calling it a denunciation of racism? You're so brave and a much better person.

I'd rather be perceived a coward than a totalitarian who believes that her mindset is what all should believe, sorry but that's what is really scary. I'd rather tolerate stupidity than be told what and how to think because of your bravery denouncing other human beings.

That's what you don't fucking see, if we all thought like you nobody would have a difference of opinion man that'd be great. And surely you telling people how to live has us on the fast track to a racist free world....

24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I guess I’d rather be a totalitarian and not tolerate racism, you got me. Continue being a huge part of the problem and pretending it’s everyone else who “can’t see”. Guess I am braver than you.

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. simonbelmont

Regular

Oh sure continue to place the label of "tolerating racism" on controlling someone else's life, and acting like a saint because of it. You're part of the problem and I was only suggesting you couldn't see not a large swath of people just you.

If you think that you're line of thinking helps solve the issue of race in this country you're a fool. I've never said I think my way is a solution idk what the solution is. I am sure telling a person how to live, what to read, and who to talk to only make things worse.