Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New AFI Music Could Be Coming Next Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jade Puget and Davey Havok talk with the OC Register about Blaqk Audio’s new album and mention that we may be getting new AFI as early as next year.

The duo are constantly working independently and together to juggle all of their obligations and keep things fresh, which is why straight after the release of this Blaqk Audio record and the tour, new AFI music could be out as soon as early next year.

2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Spring 2017 would be cool and Fall 2016 for Daveys project with the No Doubt members would be nice.

bd007h likes this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Afi is so sick. They have so many good albums. The all hallows eve ep gets played every halloween :)

bd007h, Dan O'Neill and fenway89 like this.
  4. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

yeah! can't wait! last album was so good!

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Heck yeah dude. I loved the last album. Sort of a nice blend of AFI's classic goth-punk sound and Davey & Jade's industrial/electronic adoration. Always excited to hear what they have coming up next.

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Last album was so good. Give me more songs like Greater than 84'

js977 likes this.
  7. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I'll never not be excited for new AFI

bd007h likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

ugh it feels so far away

9. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Far away, but I can't wait. Burials was fantastic.

10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'm still upset I could never get into Burials. I had high hopes for it.

bd007h and fenway89 like this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I wish it was coming out this year, but oh well. This year is already loaded. I don't really have interest in the No Doubt collab, but with that and Blaqk Audio I understand the timing for sure. I really want to see AFI live again. They were on freaking point on the Burials tour.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  12. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Seriously, that was such a great show. My first time seeing them. I was already pumped because of Touche Amore and then they came up and crushed everything.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  13. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

14. samuelmorin

Burials was so surprisingly great

15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Obviously Davey was on point and singing at another level fresh off a Broadway run, but the whole band was killing it. Just a really fun concert and really made me wish I got to see them live more often.

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I've never seen them :( gotta make it happen, fam!

17. mattylikesfilms May 5, 2016
    (Last edited: May 5, 2016)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I grew up on this band, being from the Bay Area, but the last good record they ever put out was DECEMBERUNDERGROUND and that was a decade ago.

I tried giving Crash Love and Burials a shot but this band seems to have lost its spark..