Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New ‘He-Man’ Series Coming to Netflix

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Smith has announced he’s working on a new anime He-Man series for Netflix.

The new series, titled “Masters of the Universe: Revelation,” will take place in the Mattel toy inspired world and will focus on some of the unresolved storylines of the classic ‘80s show. Smith will serve as showrunner and executive producer.

“I’m Eternia-ly grateful to Mattel TV and Netflix for entrusting me with not only the secrets of Grayskull, but also their entire Universe,” Smith said. “In ‘Revelation,’ we pick up right where the classic era left off to tell an epic tale of what may be the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor! Brought to life with the most metal character designs Powerhouse Animation can contain in the frame, this is the Masters of the Universe story you always wanted to see as a kid!”

2. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I'm interested. I have no like nostalgic attachment to the old He-Man series but I did like the She-Ra Netflix series and the Castlevania series which Powerhouse also did

Orla likes this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Kevin Smith definitely has the power.

4. All Systems Goku

Kevin Smith and Anime… Should be interesting.

5. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Is this the one they're doing all 'dark' and 'edgy' and 'adult'?

If so, why? It's a children's cartoon. Why do male nerds have zero chill ever and no capacity to just have fun?

6. invaderphantom

What makes you think that this is going to be all dark and edgy? Smith stated that this will be a direct continuation of the original series and it won't be dark reboot at all. You're complaining about something that doesn't exist. Stop embarassing yourself.

7. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I had heard it was going to be some dark and edgy reboot. If not then I withdraw my original complaint. If it's similar to She Ra then I'm even keen.