Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neutral Milk Hotel Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, May 27, 2016.

1. Doctor Octoroc

Doctor. The Doctor. Fun.

Quick update - the campaign goal has been reached! Huge thanks to everyone from this forum who has backed the project! Here's the link again for anyone else who might be interested - still plenty of stretch goals to hit to upgrade all rewards!

In The RP2A Over The Sea: Neutral Milk Hotel Cover Album

Joe and Cameron like this.
  2. Doctor Octoroc

Doctor. The Doctor. Fun.

So I have a very exciting update on the project! As of a few days ago, I've officially partnered with Kindercore Vinyl in Athens, GA to press the album to vinyl record! One of the owners reached out to me after happening upon one of the FB ads I ran a few weeks ago and said they'd be honored to do it. Considering Kindercore has been a part of the music scene in Athens since the 90's and have worked with a lot of the artists in the E6 Collective, including key NMH members, I think this adds some significance to the album and I couldn't be happier about it.

I'm planning to take a road trip down there to pick everything up once the press is done and hopefully meet some E6 people while I'm there. I'm going to leave a dozen albums with select people and cross my fingers that one of them ends up in Jeff Mangum's hands! I briefly spoke with Scott Spillane and reached out to Laura Carter as well in that effort.

If anyone else is interested in getting a copy of the vinyl or an album download (and other goodies), campaign link is below - only a week left!

[​IMG]

coleslawed and Joe like this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Neutral Milk Hotel is wonderful but any love for The Music Tapes on here?

4. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

5Stories likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

been listening to airplane an obscene amount this week. just a front to back perfect album

6. there was a two week period last year when it was all i listened to

EmmanuelSCastle and phaynes12 like this.
  7. phaynes12

have been in a weird headspace lately and, for whatever reason, this album has been incredibly calming. jeff is a real one.

8. Dog Fish

Mutt

9. phaynes12

its a terrible podcast

10. what a mean spirited thing to spend your time on

5Stories likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love this band. Wish they made more music.

5Stories likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

you know what's an underrated banger? gardenhead / leave me alone. first song I heard by them on a mix on Tumblr in 2011 lol.

5Stories, coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5Stories and aliens exist like this.
  14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

So I’ve finally clicked with In an Aeroplane

I listened years and years ago and wasn’t into it but always had the suspicion I’d come around on it eventually. Today is that day.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I remember when it first clicked, and it was glorious. Need to re visit On Avery Island tho. That one was always just short of greatness for me.

16. phaynes12

i was thinking earlier

let me find out chris is a fan now

cshadows2887 likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Welcome!

I should give my record a listen soon, this is an album I’ll go out of my way to listen to on vinyl when I put it on. It just feels right

halowithascrewloose likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I like this band a lot

19. 5Stories

Regular

I wonder if they will ever play shows again. Seeing them 4 nights in a row will always be one of the greatest experiences of my life. Thank you Jeff

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

neo506 likes this.
  21. Dog Fish

Mutt

Can confirm that when I went to a taping of his show in 2010 he played it during one of the commercial breaks and was rocking out to it at his desk.

5Stories and HeckYeahMatt like this.
  22. 5Stories

Regular

I wonder if Jeff will ever play live again

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

24. 5Stories

Regular

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

buttsfamtbh likes this.