Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neutral Milk Hotel Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, May 27, 2016.

1. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Idk there's something about his croon (not sure if that's even a word) that I really enjoy

2. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Jeff has been selling new artwork on his website, titled The Book Cipher Sings. Fans are just getting them in and apparently they say "Double Album" (at the top if you go upwards) & "Double LP"("Double" at top and "LP" upside down under the faces)

3. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Other alleged clues from Reddit:

The purchase page descriptions refer to the art as "steganography", which is in and of itself "the practice of concealing messages or information within other nonsecret text or data." -There's a lot of "1st" "2nd" "3rd" spheres. The "1st" and "2nd" have only 1 ring (single albums). The "3rd" one has two rings and the word "double" appears a lot too. -"Magicicada cassini" is a locust that appears every 17 years and is due to return in 2017 in Northern Georgia. "Cassini Huygens" is a spacecraft that was sent out about 18 years ago and is expected to end its mission in 2017.

fronkensteen likes this.
  4. fronkensteen

Trusted

Very interesting

5. Horrorca

Trusted

holy shit, if only...

(I don't even want to type it so I don't jinx it)

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This could be the thing I never even dared to dream would happen. I'm giddy at the prospect of this, but if nothing comes of it, I won't be disappointed either. NMH, Jawbreaker, Fugazi, The Smiths, all are bands I never expect to get back together

7. nearsightedrev

I am selling my rare Neutral Milk Hotel records on Ebay. I just posted "Everything Is/Snow Song Pt One" from Cher Doll Records NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL 7" RECORD- Everything Is/Snow Song part 1- LIMITED CHER DOLL | eBay

Tomorrow I'll be posting - Those Pre-Phylloxera Years comp 7"(Box Dog), Champagne Dancing Party Comp 7"(Cher Doll), and The Amazing Phantom Third Channel comp 7" (Cher Doll) plus a bunch more indie rock records!

Thanks!
    Christie
    NearsightedRevolution

8. nearsightedrev

Selling RARE Neutral Milk Hotel 7" records on Ebay. Go to NearsightedRevolutions Ebay page to see - Everything Is 7"(Cher Doll), Those Pre-Phylloxera Years comp 7"(Box Dog), Champagne Dancing Party comp 7" (Cher Doll) and The Amazing Phantom Third Channel comp 7" (Cher Doll). Only open until December 11, 2016!

9. 5Stories

Regular

10. Horrorca

Trusted

so disappointing :(

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I guess it was too good to be true anyway

12. 5Stories

Regular

I got this for Christmas. Even though I'm disappointed there's probably not a new NMH album, it's still pretty sweet to have something so pretty personally drawn by my favourite musician of all time.

Attached Files:

Joe and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Aeroplane came out 20 years ago today

14. 5Stories

Regular

Cameron likes this.
  15. Horrorca

Trusted

Communist Daughter gets to me every time

saw Jeff @ Coachella like six years ago, it was awesome

16. 5Stories

Regular

Saw NMH 3 nights in a row in London and it wasn't enough so I went to Paris the day after for night 4. That was a week.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Stephen Colbert was a few rows ahead of me when I saw Jeff

mattfreaksmeout and 5Stories like this.
  18. 5Stories

Regular

I remember reading that he uses Holland 1945 as pre-show audience music.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I dream that they will still play some more shows one day, but I wont' hold your breath. I think I missed my chance. I almost exclusively listen to this album on vinyl. I think it's one of those albums that truly benefits from vinyl, especially since it absolutely should be listened to in full.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

In my sophomore year of high school I had tickets to see them during that reunion tour and my friend who was my ride bailed and at the time I had pretty show going anxiety anyway so I didn't get to see them. I should've fucking walked

21. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I didn't tear up reading that you did

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

fucking classic record yall

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Been listening to On Avery Island a lot recently and that album's a lot better than I thought it was.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  25. Sheaver10

And what a way you won me over

I didn’t hear these guys until a few tears ago, but Aeroplane was the first vinyl I purchased when I started collecting records. So so good.