Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 93

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Sandler's albums, particularly the first 2, were essential to my comedy upbringing.

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just started The Dragon Prince. It’s very similar to Avatar and GoT. The trailer looked dumb, but this is really good.

3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Netflix is really pushing this the good cop show on me and it looks really stupid.

4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I watched it. Kind of fun. It's a easy listening procedural.

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just finished The Dragon Prince. Yep, it’s Game of Thrones for kids. And I love it.

6. GBlades

Trusted

Finally watching The Dragon Prince and shit, this is addictive!

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It took me like 2 years to finish the first season. I'm just rarely in the mood for that type of thing I guess

10. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

It'll probably be just as boring as the first.

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Really? I found MAM pretty engaging. Then again, I love true crime stuff.

Cameron, johnnyferris and Jason Tate like this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Season 8 of TWD is up now. Time to catch up!

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I thought it was up until a certain point. The episode that was purely Brandon speaking in court was just a slog. They could have done it in like 8 episodes.

14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

watch hilda

15. GBlades

Trusted

Is Hilda any good? Seen it there and loves the animation.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sabrina's aunt?

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The Quincy Jones documentary was real good.

19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

wtf is Maniac? Watched two episodes, then bounced.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, I think Maniac is the best thing Netflix has produced.

The world building alone is up there with the best I've seen in other shows and movies, I think the characters are well acted and fleshed out, the cinematography and production design is top notch, and the story hooked me almost immediately.

What did you not like about it? If anything, at least stay until Justin Theroux shows up. He's the MVP of the cast.

stars143, ChaseTx and lostawholeyear like this.
  21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have no idea what is going on. I don't feel like it's either funny, or dramatic, or anything. It just is. There's no cliffhanger or anything to get me to watch what happens next. It just seems very dull, in a bad way.

I agree with you though, the world building is quite good, as well as production.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The first two episodes were introducing you to Jonah Hill and Emma Stone's characters and then it dives deep into the point of the story, so I guess those being preludes to the actually story makes sense. I think everything around them intrigued me so much that it didn't bother me about not knowing what's going on.

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like Maniac but I don't love it. Especially when it gets into the dream sequences it just doesn't do enough for me to really care about them. Still have 4 episodes left though and I'm interested in where it's going.

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I already love dream logic in movies and shows, so it was right up my alley from the get-go, so I'm sure that's part of it for me. Well done world building is also something that I love.

I don't know, this felt like something I'd be proud to be a part of making and I usually don't feel that way with things, so it hit me right in my sweet spot.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Well, I watched two episodes, decided it wasn't for me, started watching Jack Ryan, three episodes in and I love it. So I guess that goes to show where my heads at. :blush:

lostawholeyear likes this.