Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 88

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's two different TVs that aren't connecting. I haven't tried my computer or anything. If it's not working again today, I'll try that.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

OH MY GAWD I HAD CHEERS ON IN THE BACKGROUND AS I LOOKED AT MY PHONE AND I HEARD THE VOICE OF LISA KUDROW AND WAS LIKE OMG IS THAT LISA KUDROW?? AND IT WAS. I'M SO EXCITED.

sry I rly like lisa kudrow

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

riotspray, primavera and ChaseTx like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

To All The Boys I've Loved Before is great

Jason Tate and ChaseTx like this.
  5. That's out?! Awesome, should get on that while I wait for my friends to go see Crazy Rich Asians with.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’ve binging Skins and it occurred to me that a lot of these kids’ problems could be avoided if they’d occasionally pick up their fucking phones

Wharf Rat and zigbigwig like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

UPDATE to this. This happened for a few days and then sometimes it would load after a really long time of trying to open it up and then the other day it just opened every time I went to it. Haven't tried in a few days but really weird. I reached out to Netflix and they said they think it might be an issue with my internet provider blocking the Netflix server for whatever reason. I tried everything else they suggested.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. We watched last night. Really enjoyed it.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

If you want to watch Batman Begins and TDK on here, you got about a week and a half left. Easy come, easy go. Same w/ Forgetting Sarah Marshall

zigbigwig likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I already rewatched Begins and TDK recently so I went with Rises and thought that was really good. Way better with repeated viewings for sure.

Serh likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

OK now I'm just ranting. Spent almost all yesterday evening trying to get back onto Netflix (works on Macbook - not on either TV). I was able to get to the log-in screen on one TV once during hours of trying.

So I reached out to Internet Provider (AT&T) as Netflix asked me to do, but they said everything was fine on their end. Then I reached out to Samsung and they said it could either be a: software related or b: ISP blocking certain IP addresses like Netflix so I provided them with my model numbers and software versions and they said to try changing my DNS settings, which I'll probably try tonight but God damn this kind of rare quirky stuff always seems to happen to me.

12. The only other trouble shooting thing I could think of would be to get like a cheap amazon fire stick and see if it works. If it does, then that's gotta be something on the TV itself.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Normally I would just assume it's an issue with the TV...but it's happening on two different TVs. So I think it's just some weird connection issue it's having with Netflix. I also have a PS3 that I haven't hooked up in years but I could try that to see if it works on there.

14. Two totally different TVs or two of the same brand TV?

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Both Samsung...different models though. The one is a 65-inch i bought 3 years ago, the other is a 48 inch I bought maybe a year and a half ago. I've also reset both to factory settings. Didn't seem to do the trick. Web browser and other apps work on them both still.

16. Weird. Looks like a lot of examples of that happening with a Google search.

I'd try moving the DNS to something like Google or CloudFlare on the router:

Router - Cloudflare Resolver

And seeing if that fixes it. It should if your internet company was blocking it.

My guess is that it's a Netflix app issue with Samsung though. Which maybe can be reset? Firmware updates? That's always the pain in the ass direction to go. I hate all the TV built in apps.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Works on your mobile device, on the same WiFi as TV? What about a video game console with the app installed? If it works everywhere, except the TV, I'd say it's a Samsung thing.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Samsung suggested that I change the DNS settings on the TV to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. I haven't tried doing that yet just because it was like 12:30 a.m. by the time I got these messages and I just wanted to go to bed and I've been at work all day today.

I also tried deleting the Netflix app and simply re-installing it, but Samsung - at least on my TV - does not allow me to do so. It seems to be reinstalled and not able to remove.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, works on my phone and computer on the same WiFi. Netflix used to work on my PS3, however I have not plugged in my PS3 in years. So I'll probably try that again if the DNS change on my Samsung does not work.

20. I'll have to check it out on my samsung TV when I get home

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think others here have mentioned, it's happened to them before where they'll get a 'Netflix has encountered an error' code message from time to time. I used to get them every now and then but the past week, I literally cannot get onto Netflix at all. So the problem has only gotten worse. There have been maybe 4 or 5 times (out of 100 tries or so) that I've gotten to the log-in screen since last Wednesday.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Prisoners

I Am Mick and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Go figure, got home from work and tested both TVs three different times. Each time, no problem.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?????

imthesheriff and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This story has been a roller coaster.

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter