Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Hulu is actually so great, especially since I split the cost for the ad-free version with two other people

I currently have access to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime and it's fucking dope

2. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Santa Clarita Diet gets better as it goes. I'm looking forward to season 2.

bachna84 and supernovagirl like this.
  3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

My wife just asked me today when season 2 is coming out. All I could find is that it’s coming out this year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

One of my favourite films from last year that sadly didn't get a theatrical release in the US is coming to Netflix, highly recommend The Ritual coming February 9th.

ChaseTx and Vivatoto like this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Been looking forward to that one for a while now.

6. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

I was glad I managed to catch it here in the UK when it was briefly released to cinemas, exceeded my expectations for sure.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Jusy watched the first episode of Black Mirror Season 4. Was dope.

8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The wait for The Ritual has been excruciating

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Your wife is a real hoot.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Has anyone watched Colony? I was sick over the weekend and watched most of the two seasons that are on there and I've been enjoying it, especially season 2.

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Blurred lines is a great doc, I recommend it

14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully I can finish Altered Carbon by tomorrow, really good so far but hopefully it doesn’t go off the rails.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The premise seems pretty cool, I'm thinking of checking it out this weekend.

16. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Very heavy Blade Runner vibes

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone watch "Shot in the Dark"?

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Watched the first two episodes and thought it was pretty cool. I used to work in news so it was interesting to see how those guys work.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I just watched the first 3. It's definitely interesting, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

There should be a drinking game for every time they say "story of the night" though.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yeah. It felt like they were trying way too hard to make it dramatic at times.

suicidesaints likes this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Some of the writing and dialogue in Altered Carbon is making it hard to get through this first episode.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ive watched the first 3 episodes, and I don't know how I feel about Altered Carbon. Some of the character development (or lack thereof) and their interactions feel very forced. The main character doesn't care about anything, so why should we care about him? And I have no problem with sex and nudity in a show (love Shameless), but a lot of it feels like it's in the show just for the sake of being edgy. And damn, the bass is so loud that I can barely hear what anyone is saying on my soundbar lol.

Also, there's a lot of messed up/scary stuff about this society I wish they'd explore more, such as the little girl being trapped in an adult woman's body in the first episode

23. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Just watched the first ep of Altered Carbon. Enjoyed it for the most part. Some writing and decisions don't love, plus not sold on Kinnaman as Kovacs. Not sure if I dig not having some sort of vo to give us insight into his thinking like in the book. But willing to overlook it for now.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

As someone who hasn't read the book, a voiceover would be great. I think it is much needed in this show. I've often found myself confused with what the heck is going on, and it might make the main character someone who I can actually care about.

25. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

The book does just like throw you into the world and you learn about it as you go along (some you have to pick up, other times it explains), so the episode does dump more on you than have by this point in the book.

But the book is first person, so you get to learn more about him and experience Earth through his eyes and off-world viewpoint. That said, Kovac isn't the most riveting MC, haha, so the show gets that right with Kinnaman's empty expressions.

RyanPm40 and suicidesaints like this.