Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 151

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose Mar 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Exactly. Besides the animall rights issues, it’s also a disaster for the environment and one of the main causes of deforestation, draughts and hunger. Actively defending it is really a bad hill to die on.

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose Mar 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

Hunting and eating lobster aren’t quite the same. It’s clean killing vs long-term torture followed by often brutal killing. I’m not saying he has to make them “better”, but he’s making it worse.

They have also pushed leather on other people.

RyanPm40, ChaseTx and OotyPa like this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Fair. That’s also something I handed to the family in that episode- at least they eat the animals they hunt.

Mentioned hunting just cuz I’m just not a hunting guy at all... totally miss the appeal of killing and skinning animals. I know some people live for that shit but I just can’t relate.

The Lucky Moose and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

The leather thing is particularly strange since the imitation stuff is cheaper and visually indiscernible. Lobsters I get because that's such a societal norm at this point (not defending it whatsoever)

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol watching the ID channel and they've played this Madeline McCann commercial at least ten times and it reminded me of this thread

supernovagirl and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

Same, but really it’s probably on the whole “better” than supporting factory farms

OotyPa and yung_ting like this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

I get that whole “societal norm” thing, but a lot of that is rapidly changing, which is why I expect more from such a progressive show, if you understand what I mean.

yung_ting and OotyPa like this.
  8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The joke was just there to be made lol. For the record I agree big time on the leather / lobster thing.

I’m excited to start this tonight, ready for some wholesome crying

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I can understand why people don't eat meat. But I love red meat too much to stop.

I will say that lobster they had was fucking massive. I live right on the Maine border and can confirm that even for out here. I also think lobster is disgusting and find it humourous how obsessed the rest of the country is with Maine's.

Maybevictor and The Lucky Moose like this.
  10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finally watching Abducted In Plain Sight. Halfway through and this is just nuts.

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

15 minutes in to the new queer eye and I’m already grinning. I love the fab 5 so much

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jonathan mentioning bend and snap killed me

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I almost died when he mentioned Alkaline Trio

14. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Watched the first episode of Queer Eye and really enjoyed it. Will keep watching.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. The last episode of QE just ended and now I need more. I can’t.

[​IMG]

16. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Finished Queer Eye and Netflix is trying to force Dating Around on me. Is Luke the most boring man alive? Probably

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Lol about Luke. Dating Around was better than I expected though. I wasn't planning on watching it but it came on autoplay and I wound up letting the whole thing play.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Episodes 2 and 3 of Queer Eye were outstanding

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Did you bang it out though like you said?

Zilla and ChaseTx like this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I love watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. There’s something about it that’s relaxing.

22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Yes. I think they started out super generic to try to pull people in. The rest of the people are more interesting than him.

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

QE S3 is amazing so far. It always finds a way to make me cry.

How much money do you think goes into the renevations for each episode?

imthesheriff likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I already drink an insane amount of coffee every day but that show REALLY puts me in the mood to drink some coffee.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I do wonder if they renovate the entire houses/apartments instead of just the common areas and the hero’s bedroom. Like the long hair guy, did they give him a nice bedroom, living room and kitchen but he still has to make his daughter go sleep in the dirty spider basement? Are there just like three nice rooms in all the houses and still three other shitty rooms? Would hope they at least throw some fresh paint up in the rooms of the roommates/other family members lol

RyanPm40 likes this.