Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 150

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The Elrod family episode probably got to me the most. So heartbreaking.

Colby Searcy, Jason Tate and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t like how so many reality shows focus on negativity and drama for their entertainment value, and this is pretty much the complete opposite of that. It’s super wholesome and sweet and lovely and just really great television. It improved on the original series a ton by moving from mostly superficial transformations to more personalized and meaningful ones. It’s still not perfect and there are a few missteps here and there, but overall it’s a super heartwarming and uplifting show.

I need to check out the new season ASAP.

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm like 15 minutes into it and it's already really rough to watch without getting emotional. He seems like such a good guy and my heart breaks for him and his family

That story book she recorded her voice on :verysad:

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It truly is so positive and they are so nice and uplifting to everyone. I love it.

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m finally watching queer eye because of this thread and 10 minutes in and I love it already.

7. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I don’t think I’ll be able to handle the Elrod episode based on what you guys are saying lol, going to hit very hard

Colby Searcy and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. PepsiOne

Starting with season 1? That episode is so good damn

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

yes. Tom is such a sweetheart and this crew is great.

10. [​IMG]

11. CobraKidJon

I just want to say as a fellow Jonathan I approve of this Jonathan. He is a blessing and my spirit animal.

12. PepsiOne

Fuck me lol

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

I've watched it, my friend is the Production Assistant and I watched it with her, I really enjoyed it and i'm excited for more!

RyanPm40 and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I might get some shit for this, but one thing that really bothers me about QE (a show I LOVE) is how the complete, sometimes even almost-malicious disregard of animals rights: not only does the cook mostly recommend meat dishes (which is also weird given his usual emphasis on health), he even takes someone out to eat lobster of all things (hence: almost-malicious disregard), both the interior designer as well as the wardrobe guy contstantly use/recommend leather etc. That feels really backwards, especially for a show that is so otherwise so warm and progressive.

P.S. I’m not good at remembering names, so that’s using their roles is not meant to be snarky.

yung_ting likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I feel like the guys are more trying to cater to their client's lifestyle then anything else whether that mean they eat or not. Feel like they are trying to setup these people's lives for success in the future and making it sustainable for them not necessarily trying to completely radically change things.

coleslawed and OotyPa like this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I understand how that explains the meat thing partially, but that understanding stops with trying to “teach” people how to enjoy eating lobster, or much of the leather

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I mean, Antoni serves the lobster to a married couple who centers hunting over everything else in their relationship. That is their identity (to them). I see your point but you can only change so much of a person in that short time. I sincerely believe it would have been a waste of time trying to convert that couple into vegetarians. Like someone else said, they’re trying to cater to the family’s lifestyle rather than drastically shift their perspective on things like animal rights.

I do agree with you though that Antoni seems to be the most “out of touch” of the group and haven’t enjoyed his presence as much so far in the new season. I’ve only seen the first episode of S3 so maybe they’ll find a good use for him later.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I enjoyed Antoni and Karamo the most of the day five after only seeing S3

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t seen S3, but it’s interesting that you mention him going out of his way to serve meat when all of the dishes that spring to my mind as being associated with him and the show are vegetarian. Like the avocado grapefruit salad and handmade pasta and stuff.

RyanPm40 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Season 1: Antoni only knows how to make avocado dishes

Season 3: antoni makes too much meat?

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Why is it a problem if he enjoys eating and/or preparing meat?

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I think the first episode of S3 with all the taxidermy, hunting, the lobster as a meal and whatnot, it was a “meat” heavy episode and I eat meat often when at restaurants (I’m an “part-time” vegan at home bc my girlfriend is a “full-time” vegetarian). I can see how someone who is an activist for animal rights would be a little put off by those scenes.

23. This, and only this.

24. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I eat meat even though I know better but it's pretty easy to see all the things wrong with it

supernovagirl, ChaseTx and OotyPa like this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

Well I wasn’t one of those lol