Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 139

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It's weird that I had to go to a third party site to find out what dc universe costs. I'm interested in some of the stuff but can't afford another niche streaming service. The only one of those I can do right now is Shudder

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah I want to watch all those dc shows, assumed they would be bad and I wouldn't have to worry about it but I hear good things.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose Feb 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I generally like DC more than Marvel, though I am not hardcore about it and I haven’t seen a DC movie since Man of Steel and no Marvel Movie since Dr. Strange, but I do like the DC shows a lot. Titans I would say is more like the Netflix Marvel shows than the DC Arrowverse shows, but not as boring (*hides*).

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. kyle Feb 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2019)
    I just watched Enemy and really liked it. I haven’t looked for an analysis yet, but what do people think was going on?

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Watched the first episode of Umbrella Academy and like the millennial I am, I have my review and thoughts ready to share!

First I haven't ever read the comics so I got no insight on that. First again, my first thoughts were that of course a man wrote this. We all know Gerard Way is my husband so all the love, but women spontaneously giving birth is the kind of demonic horror only a man would put out into this world!! Now if this had come out when I was like 14 I'd be obsessing and dying over Klaus all over my LJ and Myspace page, respectively. Rly speaks to my young angsty wannabe edgy self but like not in a way I'm saying it's a bad thing lol. I have heard a lot of indifferent reviews like it's just ok but there are some issues. Idk about all that but I'm intrigued and will continue. I am def into the world, mystery, and ~asthetic so far.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Finished Umbrella Academy last night. Really loved this series, can't wait for a second season.

I loved it so much that as soon as it ended I went and read through all three volumes of the comics in one sitting

xapplexpiex and Kiana like this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s a lot of theories around online but I don’t think that any of them are 100% right or that there even is a completely clear answer to everything.

Personally, I prefer being confounded by the ending instead.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Didn't realize there was an Umbrella Academy Vol 3

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

Yeah it started a few months ago in October and is already almost complete. 5 issues in as of this month with 2 more to go. It focuses on the place where Hargreeves would send the criminals after the kids would defeat them.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m four episodes into Dark. It’s very interesting and I’m glad I finally started watching it.

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I started that earlier this year but it just didn’t click for me. I stopped after episode 5 or 6. Really like the idea and the mysteries but it just didn’t do anything for me (same with Stranger Things which everyone seems to love) which still baffles me.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I watched season one of Stranger Things but didn’t like it anywhere near enough to keep watching future seasons.

14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

halfway through the show and i can see myself ending up doing this.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Just finished season six of Weeds. Just when I think it’s gonna get better, the show goes and outdoes itself with the worst season yet, by far. I’m pretty sure Zack Morris just randomly showed up in an episode just to be an asshole bartender to Nancy, only to randomly fuck her and have his wife confront Nancy the next morning. Another thing I hate is how the writers continue to more and more make Nancy this weak character who truly believes she’s strong by miraculously overcoming the most implausible situations in the most idiotic and laughably awful ways.

Two more seasons to go...oh look, a three year time jump

Colby Searcy and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  16. RyanPm40

So excited. One of my favorite Netflix Originals. Back on March 29th

manoverboard365 likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

I mean, that sounds like the Zack Morris we all knew and loved lmao

"Zack Morris is traaAAaash"

Davjs and Signifire like this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Update: haven't finished it yet but I watched approx a zillion eps of umbrella Academy in a row and had the trippiest dreams. Still Loving the show.

Colby Searcy and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Just wanna say to anyone who hasn’t seen Zack Morris is Trash it’s surprisingly funny and well worth the watch, especially if you liked Saved by the Bell. It’s on Amazon Prime and probably YouTube.

RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

Funny or Die's Zack Morris is Trash, A Very Special Episode and Walking Dead recap series are all amazing.

I'm sad they don't do the Walking Dead series anymore though.

Signifire and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Haha they're so funny. I never actually watched Save By The Bell, but I love those videos. Dude really was a creep hah.

Yeah I was surprised to see it on Prime! Always watched it on YouTube before

Signifire likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

I was up until like 4 or 5 am two nights in a row finishing the show haha soo addicting

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is Umbrella Academy similar to anything else in particular, or is it hard to quantify? I’m really happy it seems to be doing well, but I don’t know much about it beyond who is involved.

24. RyanPm40

It's inspired by a lot of comics like X-Men but it's much darker. Like X-Men, the Umbrella Academy started as a school for kids with powers, led by a man who is like a cruel Professor X that treats them horribly and like test subjects instead of allowing them to have fun as kids. This leads to them having a lot of issues as adults due to their poor upbringing and they break apart from each other.(This stuff is all revealed in the first few minutes of the show, so no real spoilers, but trying to be polite to others).

It uses some tropes from comic book shows and movies, but I think it's a pretty fresh and interesting take on things.

EDIT

I think I've heard people say it's like a mix of Doom Patrol and X-Men. I'm not familiar with Doom Patrol, but it makes sense since Gerard has written for the series in the past, and he's a massive X-Men fan

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Thank you! So it is mostly a RIYL comics in general with some darker elements. That gives me a better idea. I wasn’t sure if it was particularly dramatic or action-focused or less traditional as far as superhero stories go. Thag genre is never really my favorite thing, but since it’s so easily available I may give it a shot. I really am stoked for Gerard.