Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 118

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I use Prime for renting and it works great. Typically $4 or $5 for an HD rental, but they often have 99 cent deals with good titles. Another bonus is when you order stuff on Amazon Prime and choose no rush shipping instead of 2 day shipping they give you $1 digital vouchers. I usually just pile those up and keep getting free rentals.

riotspray likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've rented on Vudu, Amazon, and Google and it's all pretty much the same. Google doesn't have a PS4 app so that's a last resort

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I use Microsoft movie store for renting because I have an Xbox and a Microsoft laptop so the fact I can transition from screens to tv is nice.

4. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Anyone have the basic plan? I'm wondering how big of a difference in quality it is compared to HD.

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

At this rate next year we'll get a documentary about the documentaries about Fyre Festival.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It's wild to me that Fyre fest is still drawing people's attention this much. There's two documentaries? And people are rushing to watch both of them?

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can only speak on the Hulu doc for now, but it was a really interesting/entertaining watch. Just a crazy story about how a 25 year old kid can literally lie and bullshit his way to the top and convince the richest people in the world to hand him millions of dollars for a product that doesn't exist.

riotspray, Vivatoto, RJ Knorr and 2 others like this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

That’ll appear on HBO though.

coleslawed and supernovagirl like this.
  10. Thanks, all! I guess Prime Video makes the most sense since I already have an Amazon account (but not Prime, alas). Also, I don't have an Apple TV or a console, just a PC HDMI'd to a TV. Been a while since I used Prime Video to watch Mrs. Maisel S1, is the browser player for rentals the same? Can't remember how easy to use it was. Like, I prefer Netflix's over Hulu's, but HBO's is somehow not optimal for binging, and Crunchyroll is just the worst.

11. zmtr

Trusted

Watching United 93 for the first time. This is fucking INTENSE. The air traffic control scenes are so good.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What a great movie.

13. zmtr

Trusted

I’m 30 minutes in and just realized I had been standing for the last 20.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It leaves an impression on you, no doubt about it.

zmtr likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’m almost done with sex education and it’s actually pretty good.

arewhyayein likes this.
  16. zmtr

Trusted

oh my god..... that movie was almost too much

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I got around to watching Narcos: Mexico recently and spent a significant amount of time being furious with Rafa. I also really liked Miguel even though one should probably not like drug lords.

johnnyferris likes this.
  18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Annihilation
    watched with: Amazon Prime
    Grade: A

holy shit this was something.

Atmosphere like Arrival, cryptic / vague like 2001, dark human interactions like Enemy, beautiful set and visuals, alligator scene felt videogame-like, and my god the bear scene in the house might be one of the most haunting and terrifying things i've ever seen. that was so fucking well done and unexpected.

19. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Hulu doc was done pretty well. I found the McFarland interviews to be equal parts both haunting and hilarious. That look in his eyes as he told his version of events was chilling.

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

HBO doesn’t tell you where you left off when watching shows. It doesn’t even let you add shows to your watch list.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

At first I was very worried he was being painted a sort of “good guy at heart.” As it went on, it was impossible to not notice he is practically trying to be conniving in the interview. I’d say he’s also a sociopath. I’m wondering if Netflix’s documentary will acknowledge Fyre Fraud as theirs did.

supernovagirl and johnnyferris like this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m really enjoying the Arrowverse this season too, though I’ve more or less enjoyed them all. Especially legends has been killing it lately. Supergirl might be a little heavy handed this season but it’s fine.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

I just finished episode 3 and I'm liking this a lot so far. I immediately shazam-ed the song at the end. apparently it's new ezra furman and i haven't been able to find it anywhere else. :/

24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Derry Girls is so extremely my shit lol

Mary V likes this.
  25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It gets better as the season goes on.