Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 117

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah, I assumed that the Jerry/Vice doc is what is being aired on Netflix. Or does that mean there's a third doc coming?

I chuckled at the end of the Hulu one when they accuse the Jerry Media guy of being complicit and he just responds "Well fuck you. This is stupid anyway, why do we need TWO movies about this?"

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  2. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I Just read the price is going up another $1 or more within the next 3 mths, for everybody.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ah yeah you're right. The Netflix one must be the one they mention then. I just looked up an article and it said "Netflix’s “Fyre” debuts Friday, and is partly produced by Jerry Media, the company that marketed Fyre Fest."

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ultra going up $2. Not sure why I'm subscribed to ultra, just changed it to standard HD.

5. Anyone know if the cheapest/most basic plan allows you to stream on multiple devices at the same time?

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I Dont think so. We have the 2nd layer which is 2 devices, IIRC

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Basic: Watch on 1 screen at a time in Standard Definition. Download videos on 1 phone or tablet. $8.99/month

Standard: Watch on 2 screens at a time. HD available. Download videos on 2 phones or tablets. $12.99/month

Ultra: Watch on 4 screens at a time. HD and Ultra HD available. Download videos on 4 phones or tablets. $13.99/month

popdisaster00 likes this.
  8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

On a separate note - We have 2 accounts for spotify ($10 each) and I was going to change to family plan, when its realized that both are for students and can be setup for $5 each :) (which is better than $15 family plan)

All you need, is your school email, and renew it yearly (for 4 years)

stars143 likes this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't know if you knew, but that comes with Hulu and Showtime as well.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

My girls found out. They are happy. Im happy, I can stream hulu at home.

11. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Late but Mindhunter is easily one of the best shows of the past couple years, subtle and gripping. watch it if you haven’t

johnnyferris and Joe like this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

this is me pretty much. it took me long enough to get around to watching this and i wasn't blown away overall so i don't find it likely i'll visit season 2 unless the pacing and structure changes a lot.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It did make me laugh when they said they were in Virginia and they showed all the giant steel bridges in Pennsylvania. Lol.

14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

hold up what

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, bud. Spotify Student ($5/mo. comes with Spotify Premium, Hulu, and Showtime).

16. This is what I saw:

netflix-plans-price-2019.png

popdisaster00 likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

do you only need a student email to get this i'm guessing (hoping)?

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not really sure. They have a sign up where you simply put in your first and last name, school, and birthday. That's it, you hit verify and I guess it does it's thing.

However, that didn't work for me, so I had to do it manually. I had to submit evidence (transcript, bill, class schedule, etc.)

marsupial jones likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I mean I have Apple Music but I can do both tbh since that sounds like a steal

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Also, worth noting. I already had a Spotify premium account, which is associated with my personal email account and not an .edu account. I'm not sure if I created a new account using my .edu account, if the validation process would have been different.

21. marsupial jones

really tempted to do that since it's only $5/month but i've already got amazon music, netflix and prime and i don't keep up with those enough as is i'd probably never get around to really using Hulu or Showtime lol

22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I think you can switch from regular spotify to student spotify and not lose anything.

We didnt have hulu/showtime before, so dunno how that changes.

23. Any y'all ever digitally rent something you wanted to watch that wasn't on any streaming service? What did you use? What was your experience like?

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I rent from Prime often and it works great. Every now and then it could be something like $5 to rent it or $7 to buy it and I'll just buy it.

Edit: I use an Apple TV, btw

stars143 likes this.
  25. marsupial jones

i've rented quite a bit off Amazon video. when done on my TV, it works fine. on my mac it's clunky because of the software amazon uses to play videos. i always have to go in to setting, allow whatever it is called, close out the browser window and reopen and then select "play" after renting it. but maybe part of that is on me.

HD is like $3-$5 depending on the age of the film.

also on amazon i think you only get it for 24 hours and / or one viewing is allowed (not sure if that's common or not)