Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 110

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Finally watched Room, after saying I would for months. So good. Brie and Jacob were incredible.

I was already looking forward to it, but I'm completely on board the Captain Marvel hype train now.

RJ Knorr and ChaseTx like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Not sure if it's also on Netflix, but on Prime last night I watched Good Time. Holy Moley that was a good movie.

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm watching The Office. Again..

4. Iain

Regular

Im addicted to 'Instant Hotel'. Complete reality trash set in Australia. Basically 5 Airbnb hosts stay at each others place and rate it. Pretty funny though.

RyanPm40 and yung_ting like this.
  5. I'm in a cycle where I just watch things I've watched a million times already. Since I have a baby and that requires constant attention, I can't put on something new that I have to pay attention to. In the last few months I've rewatched Parks and Rec, Scrubs, The Expanse, and now I'm on to Brooklyn 99.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.

6. :verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad:

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

as i posted, one of my goals is to utilize Netflix more in 2019 instead of just watching The Office endlessly.

started watching Dark and The Good Place yesterday. Dark is okay, and i'm a bit worn out with time travel and alternate universe things, but it's only 10 episodes (i think) so i'll finish that up. The Good Place is amazing 2 episodes in. very much looking forward to watching a few more episodes tonight.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Aww, when did they take Speak off?

11. @Jason Tate @iCarly Rae Jepsen I was looking at that and like, omg, KStew with Laura Dern and Michelle Williams? How was this not on my radar? So I'll probably watch that eventually. But I wonder, does she have a more minor role in it than she does a couple of the other ones?

12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The You books are soooo good and I just started the show and it seems like it's going to be just as good.

13. marissalg

Trusted

Started watching Tidying Up and ended up deep cleaning my fridge and kitchen cabinets.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ooh I didn't know that was out already. I struggle with organizing and cleaning sometimes cause tbh when I try to Google or Pinterest how ppl organize their homes it stresses me out. It often looks ugly and so cluttered still. Like they still have too much stuff. I want to have minimal stuff but still look homey and ensure everything has it's place.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

in the end, i can't say i didn't like BIRDBOX. I was 100% thoroughly into it the whole time, i absolutely love these type of movies (Mist, Happening concept), and you tossed in a quality crew of actors to go along for the ride. NOW I think I was more excited when i thought the movie was going to be Bullock AND Polley for most of it, leading me to believe this was going to be some sort of all-time classic masterpiece, but alas, in the end it was more of just an entertaining 2 hours rather than an all-time great film or anything like that.

Although, I don't know. Take out a few "plot holes' and major "questions' , and a few slow eye-rolling type scenes, and i think this was pretty great. I loved the back and forth of the past and the river, I loved the way it was shot, and what can i say, I'm a sucker.

Birdbox - 9/10

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just finished Bird Box and I loved it

manoverboard365 and Vivatoto like this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Bird box was crap

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lol every Netflix horror movie has such different takes(Birdbox, Apostle, CAM etc.).

SpyKi likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still really need to watch Apostle. Wicker Man-ish plot and it has Michael Sheen? I’d be shocked if I don’t end up in the love it camp.

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Apostle was good too

22. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Apostle fuckin rocks

23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can't lie, I fast-forwarded through a few parts of Bird Box. It wasn't terrible though. It was pretty good. Some little things -->

From what I could gather, as long as you shut your eyes and just ignored the creepy voices, the 'things' couldn't do anything to you. I don't know why she kept running from them like in the woods. Also, after it jumped forward like five years I thought it was a little silly that Tom was still JACKED UP like he was hitting the gym daily and getting large amounts of high quality protein. I suppose he could have kept working out every day, but it just didn't seem right. Not showing any of the 'things' at all on screen ended up feeling like a cop out to me. It's a smart idea and I think if done well it could work but for me they didn't pull it off here.

For the talent lined up both in front of and behind the camera I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. At the end of the day, I am not sure if it the entire concept lends itself as well to film as it does to a novel. Some concepts and ideas work on the page and don't on screen.