Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 107

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

zigbigwig likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmao. Nah like some sayid “I will never leave you” shit when he was with Shannon for like a half second.

3. supernovagirl

Wow I only just now discovered there’s a Christmas prince sequel. Welll I know what I’m watching with dinner

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Thank you for the link. That was a very interesting read. Unfortunately for me, it really does sound like I would have been in the overwhelming minority of people who enjoyed that longer cut. Completely hypothetical, I know, but literally all of those changes he made seem to have created problems I had with the film with the exception of removing William Wallace. That seems like it was a good decision. I loved how he only showed up in the film as bloody pieces, and kinda think we should've not even seen his face. The way he was handled made his presence felt all the more. For me the film played extremely choppy and felt extremely rushed. Like breakneck pace. I felt like Aaron Taylor-Johnson finally had a great part and he seemed underutilized.

I do wonder if conscious efforts to make this film *not* Braveheart caused it to feel slight and underwhelming.

5. Good luck.

They took all of the charm of the first movie ... and kicked it right in the nads.

supernovagirl likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

Oh no! I’m only about 5 min in. That’s disappointing

7. They made some really poor decisions.

I have had very long discussions with my sister about this. The wedding planner is the most annoying character I've ever seen.

8. marissalg

Trusted

So far for Christmas movies on Netflix I’ve watched:
    -The Princess Switch (i liked it, super cute)
    -The Spirit of Christmas (garbage)
    -The Holiday Calendar (super cheesy, not a huge fan)
    -Christmas Inheritance (cute, I liked this one)
    -A Christmas Prince (LOVED it)
    -A Christmas Prince:The Royal Wedding (not great, bummed bc I loved the first so much)
    -The Holiday Engagement (like a bad version of The Proposal)

There was another one I started but I fell asleep about 15 minutes in. I can’t even remember the title to find it haha.

Kuri44, supernovagirl and Jason Tate like this.
  9. I tried to make it through Christmas With a View and failed.

10. Kuri44

I plan on getting really high and watching Christmas Ranch and the Beethoven Christmas movie back to back some time this week.

11. supernovagirl

Lmfaooo im glad the very bad journalist notes made it into the sequel as well. I’m cackling.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Happy! Is fucking weird and awesome. It also takes place during Christmas

riotspray likes this.
  13. supernovagirl

There are so many Christmas movies on here holy cow

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. supernovagirl

Also this didn’t register for me until I saw it myself but omg a Beethoven Christmas movie

Kuri44 likes this.
  15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I finished The She-Ra show. Some episodes were better than others, but the last three episodes were fantastic. It totally set up a second season too.

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. supernovagirl

I’m watching The Christmas Chronicles because a friend said it “knocked it out of the park” and heather from crazy ex girlfriend is in it! Aw

Edited to add: like, as an extra haha. I wish she had a bigger part

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

yeah I watched the trailer with my daughter and we're pretty excited to start it once we finally finish Trollhunters. Netflix is doing pretty great with childrens animation
    I wouldn't say she's an extra but her and LaMorne Morris could've used a little more screen time

That movie was... badly written but still fun. During the jail scene i started laughing out loud at how ridiculous it was

18. supernovagirl

Yeah for sure haha I was just excited to see her but didn’t want to give anyone false hopes of her being like an actual character

Yesss so ridiculous and cheesy haha but it was still a pretty good Christmas movie Imo. It was like an actual Christmas movie instead of the hallmark romance garbage movies I’ve been digesting lately haha

19. ChaseTx

I was comparing it to The Santa Clause. Worse writing, but less child abduction and Kurt Russell > Tim Allen obv so it's a wash

20. supernovagirl

I was too!! Haha. I think it’s a somewhat nice modernized “the Santa clause” type movie.
    I can’t say which is better but they’re deff comparable. I’m sure there’s stuff from TSC that doesn’t rly hold up but I haven’t seen it in a while.

ChaseTx likes this.
  21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

don’t know if I knew this was happening. not sure how I feel about the animation style.

22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Have you two watched Hilda yet?

23. ChaseTx

No, I've been trying to steer her that way. I think it came out around the same time as The Dragon Prince and she chose that (which was great)

xapplexpiex likes this.
  24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am excited about a new take on this story, and they certainly got some great talent on board in the voice department, but that animation is really poor quality. Like staggeringly bad for this day and age. If it was a budget issue then they really needed to go with a less expensive style of animatiom. Perhaps they'll brush it up in a significant way before it's released.

If it's a great story done well then honestly animation quality would usually be my last concern. I understand not everyone has the budget that Disney and Pixar have. That being said though, there is like a minimum bar you kinda have to clear these days. My kids watch all sorts of shows and movies with a broad range of budgets and mostly everything looks far better than this. Some are downright glorious to look at, like Tumbleleaf for example.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum