Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 105

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Watch Shaun of the Dead.

2. Favorite living director.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg this episode of Frasier aged soooo badly. It's about frasier's sexual relationship with his middle aged piano teacher when he was 17. He realizes he's upset because he never got closure and never thanked her for the experience and that she probably had deep feelings for him and he abandoned her by going to college and the supporting characters reinforce this nnnnnn.

I swear it's like an old TV show staple for a man to experience sexual assault by an older woman played for laughs or never seen as wrong. Like Ross from friends and his sexual relationship with the hs librarian or on ER when Carter revealed he "lost his virginity" at like 11 to a grown woman smh

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Brie Larson is a treasure and I back every recommendation already in this thread about her.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yes!! Same

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Just saw Under the Skin for the first time. I really enjoyed it especially all the surreal moments.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Great movie. The score is creepy as fuck.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Japanese or American?

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The new Dave Attell/Jeff Ross special was kinda underwhelming. I didn't hate it. In fact, I watched all 3 episodes in one sitting. I just had high hopes since Attell hasn't really done much in a while and Insomniac was my shit in college.

11. Oh heyyy Mary Elizabeth Winstead turns 34 today. Alison Pill turned 33 yesterday. So like, they're almost exactly a year apart. I guess that's a fun bit of Scott Pilgrim trivia.

12. Jason Tate, marissalg and Mary V like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

marissalg likes this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also I just re watched Empire Records last night. When I was a teenager I must have watched this movie like 20 times, but for some reason it's taken me until now to realize how much of a mess this movie is. I think I counted ten huge plot holes lol.

johnnyferris likes this.
  15. marissalg

Trusted

I absolutely loved it. It’s not obnoxious and over the top like some of the other Netflix teen rom-cops. Just a super cute movie with characters I felt like I could actually relate to.

joe.boy.fresh. and Jason Tate like this.
  16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I really hope the new Roald Dahl series adapts The Witches and does it justice :P

Truth be told, I've never seen the live action movie. I really enjoyed the book when I was a kid though

17. The new Christmas Prince is garbage.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if anyone here watches the show Travelers (it's really good and I recommend it), but here's the trailer for season 3.

If anyone is interested in getting into the show, here's the show's original trailer:

Kerrbs and Whalejaw like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

at least Rose is taking it well. lol

coleslawed likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

once a ranger, always a ranger

21. She really does deserve better. She had to have known and done it anyway. That script is a train wreck. They ruined all the charm of the first.

22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Is there a precedant for Netflix releasing director's cuts or longer versions of any of their films, or releasing films on blu-ray maybe with extended cuts...???

I just watched Outlaw King and I enjoyed a lot about it but the editing was ROUGH. Like real rough. It was glaringly obvious watching it that its been drastically cut down to its current length. Plus, the ending honestly felt as if they hit a certain minute mark and then said "Okay, just stop here and wrap up anything you didn't get to with boring text."

I know it played at TIFF and there were a lot of complaints about the pacing, but I can't help but think many of those people were simply not enjoying the movie and would have disliked it at 121 minutes or 137 minutes. This feels short and scenes and the whole movie itself just kinda fly by but I would describe the pacing as choppy and rushed.

I would gladly buy the version that premiered at TIFF on blu-ray if that were ever something that happens though.

23. Man I thought Outlaw King was very boring

Anyway, pumped for new Travellers

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  24. marissalg

Trusted

New Christmas Prince was definitely a let down after the first one :/

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Is Narcos worth watching? Both the original and the new one set in Mexico.