Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix Release ‘Mute’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Gimme all the cyberpunk

fenway89 likes this.
  3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Welp, I'm on board.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

This was the first script Duncan Jones wrote, and supposedly it’s in the same univers as Moon. At least that was the original plan.

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i'm a big fan of Moon (but that's about it); at the moment, this looks intriguing, and also like its reach is going to exceed its grasp majorly. setting up a believable cyberpunk world and introducing tons of meaningful stakes over the course of ~2 hours including numerous identifiable, fleshed out characters is difficult, and this looks like it may almost be better suited for a miniseries. i'm also immediately skeptical of anything Duncan Jones does with romance after Source Code's icky ending tbh.

but, this is all conjecture. at the moment, i'm hesitantly curious. its immediate connection (in at least spirit) to Moon is a good sign.

6. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

What was icky about Source Codes ending? I haven’t seen it for a long time

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

as i recall, jake gyllenhaal takes over the body and being of his target, without michelle monaghan realizing her partner has undergone a fundamental identity shift. i could be misremembering details of the romance michelle and jake's "host" were involved, and i'm sure the whole thing gets handwaved by parallel universing, but it was a really kinda gross conclusion when i thought on it iirc.