Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 225

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40 Sep 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2019)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I thought the chef show was so boring haha but I suppose I'd rather eat food than watch people talk about it.

Unless it's Gordon Ramsay screaming at people :crylaugh:

EDIT

Although now that I think about it, Nailed It is also amazing.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And not being able to binge all of bake off is PAINFUL.

3. RyanPm40

Johnathan Van Ness is going to be on Big Mouth omg

4. idk if it's actually streaming anywhere but I already brought it up in here so I'm gonna keep talking about it:

rewatching Hannibal has already been such a rewarding experience so far. Since I know where it's going, I can look out for and appreciate the smaller details, like, the symbolism in the composition of certain shots, or the way almost every conversation has a double meaning or a little hint of foreshadowing in parts of the dialogue.

I watched the unaired episode yesterday and, while it has some really good scenes wrt character development, it's completely understandable that they pulled it given the subject matter and the timing.

Eps 5 and 6 are labeled as "Producer's Cut" but it's been so long that I don't really know how they're different.

Joe and SpyKi like this.
  5. RyanPm40

Undone was great, really glad I watched it.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

No Good Nick was cancelled. Not that I care about that show, but Netflix has become really trigger happy. I really don’t think that approaching the renewing and cancelling of shows the way TV networks do it, which is what they seem to be doing, is a good strategy for them.

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Where are you rewatching that has the producer's cut?

8. RyanPm40 Sep 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2019)
    RyanPm40

Yeah I can get the rushed feeling at the end. Overall, I thought it was great and one of my favorite shows of the year. I feel like they might as well have just made it a movie since the show has a pretty small runtime around 2 and a half hours.

When you see how concerned Sam, Alma's mom and sister are, the acting is fantastic. Alma's last conversation in the show with her mother was heartbreaking.

The ending felt pretty final and open to interpretation for me, not sure how they'd pull off a good season 2 and still keep the ambiguity of it.

I'm absolutely convinced that Alma is mentally ill. There are a lot of warning signs.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

omg the main guy is the kid from We Bought A Zoo

10. Oh whoops, maybe I shouldn't be posting about it in here. I said a couple pages back that I'm rewatching them on DVD. Sorry for the confusion.

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

the amount of tv shows these days is literally bonkers.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve loved the amount of limited series events that have come out this year. They keep me from feeling totally overwhelmed since it’s just one and done.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

There's just so much stuff in so many different places I don't even know what to spend my time on, lol.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sharp Objects and Fosse Verdon were so refreshing, I feel overwhelmed too

EASheartsVinyl and SpyKi like this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes! And Chernobyl and Good Omens and so many others, it’s crazy. Even stuff like Russian Doll felt complete and easy to get through despite being renewed later on. Between brand new shows and finally getting around to watching some of my new all-time favorites that have finished their runs, 2019 has been one of my favorite TV years in a long time.

RyanPm40 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

riotspray, Rowan5215, Cameron and 3 others like this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Tbf it is streaming on Amazon

18. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

19. CobraKidJon

because everyone will be gone in 2021 when Disney owns everything

coleslawed and popdisaster00 like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s also already on Hulu. I’ve never understood shows moving to new platforms being treated as if it’s a streaming debut or something. The Simpsons being on Disney feels the same way.

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Michael Richards being a racist and Jerry Seinfeld just being an all around asshole in real life kind of turned me off to that show

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

It's a bit funny that they're telling us two years in advance, but i'm stoked on it since I don't have Hulu and won't have to grab my DVD's

23. Yeah but I've got the cheap plan on Hulu with commercials, so this is better!

24. CobraKidJon

I’m so hyped for simpsons on Disney + because I used to watch on the fx app but it was just so bad so I gave up like 4 seasons in.

Kingjohn_654 and popdisaster00 like this.
  25. I don't even have FX/FXX so this will be my first time getting access to the Simpsons in a loooong time

Kingjohn_654 likes this.