Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 214

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Went back and finished the first episode of The Boys. It's... okay. I think I'm gonna go a little further. Haven't even met Karen's character yet, so.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Well, my 2016 LG TV just notified me that Hulu will no longer be supported. As of tomorrow. Fuck that.

Anyone have positive experiences with the Roku Ultra? I have some points saved up at my job and I can either get a pretty outdated Apple TV 4 or the Roku Ultra. I like the idea of having 4k support and I already have an Apple TV 4 for my 1080p TV in the bedroom.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. Finished Ep 2, kind of bored, still no Karen. How many more episodes before I get to see her not talk?

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

show is dope. stick with it

5. She's introduced in episode 4 and her backstory is revealed in 6.

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Been on a huge Friends kick lately. Forgot how much I loved some aspects of this show. I love each cast member for wildly different reasons

333 GANG likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

That’s so weird about the LG tv. Any idea why? I have a newer one but I haven’t heard or seen anything like that

8. RyanPm40 Aug 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2019)
    RyanPm40

I think it's their cheaper models that are affected. Even though it's a newer WebOS TV, it's only capable of WebOS 3.0 but I think they're up to 3.3 now or later. It was a $300 TV on a black Friday deal at Best buy a couple years back, so not totally surprising. It was still the old, ugly Hulu UI with an all-gray background instead of the more colorful UI they have on their other stuff.

I read they might be trying to put out a new UI later in the year, so probably not looking to invest porting it over. I didn't get a notification in the app itself, but it came up when I opened the Content Store.

9. I have a Roku stick that I have on my TV in my treadmill and I like it. I like the fact that it has the Xfinity app so you can watch live TV or your dvr. Better than renting another cable box. Plus all the regular apps of course.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

Wow I had no idea it had Xfinity on it, that's awesome.

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My dad watched and loved the Boys and thought it was hilarious which, love him, but is telling for me lol and says enough. I saw some of it while he was watching and I was legit so turned off it verged onto upset. Seems like it has that "edgy" bro humor and just doesn't appeal.

EASheartsVinyl and supernovagirl like this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’m so curious about what you saw that was so upsetting. Sometimes I feel like I need to take a second look at things for new perspective, mostly because I was high af the first time I watched

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol it sounds silly typing it out but the part with the dolphin and spice girls. I was so upset!! I don't even have a cool like sociological or feminist reasoning. I just got sad lol. I didn't even see what led up to it but it was weird and beastialityish and then got sad.

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. supernovagirl

Ugh. It’s not silly, that was a really rough scene. I legit covered my eyes as soon as I realized what was going to happen. That’s deff what I meant by gratuitous violence and gore. Rly over the top stuff. I guess that’s what others meant when they are saying overly “edgy”
    I will say that the spice girls is an ongoing reference/bit in the show, which is overall a positive imo

15. RyanPm40

Bit the bullet on the Roku Ultra since I seem to be able to get the newest one through work while their Apple TV is an older 1080p model. Having Google Play Movies is a must for me anyways, that's where I buy my digital copies from, and Roku, Chromecast and LG TVs seem to be the only ones who support it.

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Will watch for Adam Driver and Laura Dern.

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hoooooo boy this is gonna fuck me right up

18. https://tv.avclub.com/it-s-fun-playing-with-the-boys-too-bad-they-don-t-have-1836637109

I linked to this review before I finished the first episode, and now that I've finished the season, I find myself agreeing to all of it. Problematic aspects aside, the show is so concerned with deconstructing the superhero mythos that outside of that it doesn't really do anything worthwhile. Also, the show is just so... average. The jokes don't land, most of the characters are unsympathetic, and the "shock value" just makes me roll my eyes. I was much more entertained by and emotionally invested in Umbrella Academy, so if you're looking for some stylistic superhero-y goodness, go watch that instead.

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Finally starting the latest Queer Eye season and the Mrs Dooley episode wrecked me

irthesteve likes this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh you just WAIT for the next episode

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

the one I already hit play on cool cool

irthesteve likes this.
  22. GBlades

Trusted

Oh my god what an emotional few episodes

23. RyanPm40

Wesley and Kenny were by far the highlights of that season for me

24. marissalg

Trusted

I love four weddings but wow the advertising is blatant.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. supernovagirl

I started light as a feather on Hulu lol anyone watched?

Colby Searcy likes this.