Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 213

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Episode six is the best!!

slimfenix182, ghostedaway and @@ron like this.
  2. @@ron

Regular

I took a break after episode six because it completely blew me away. Need to get back and finish it!

EASheartsVinyl and ghostedaway like this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

Arguably, I thought it was a really fresh take on the horror genre and am glad for season 2. It was really frightening at times and the story really got you thinking. I agree that episode 6 is outstanding, the camera work alone is award-worthy.

OotyPa and ghostedaway like this.
  5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

You guys are absolutely right about episode 6. That was phenomenal.

6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

What an incredible show. The only other horror show I’ve seen that good is Channel Zero, and I’m not sure it’s on any streaming service other than Shudder. Always looking for more good short-form horror so if anyone has suggestions let me know!

7. Is episode six the bent neck lady reveal
    It's been a long time since I've seen it. But I loved that episode, along with the whole series

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That's five.

9. GBlades

Trusted

It's the one with the one-shot family in the home on the night of the storm?

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no human being is going to actually figure out Apple TV for that Reese/Aniston show right
    Ben Platt as Tracy Flick in a Ryan Murphy show looks incredible

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the morning show looks pretty bad but i’m excited for the politician

12. Rewatching Wanderlust with my gf, who hasn’t seen it yet. Still think this show is massively underrated, especially for one that can be finished in just 6 hours. Toni Collette is a gem

EASheartsVinyl and imthesheriff like this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I want so much more of that show.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

damn, I thought you were talking about the movie at the beginning of your post

imthesheriff and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

damn apparently I should have been in this thread pages ago talking about my critique of The Boys and not in the The Boys actual thread, where my posts were essentially ignored haha

16. supernovagirl

I am almost finished with Dear White People, really loved the way this season switched things up.
    I just started Mindhunter
    and I also started The Family
    oh and since being here I also started Queer Eye

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Everything about that show and the fan reaction to it has been super off-putting personally.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I started rewatching the Invader Zim series on Hulu for the first time since I was a little kid and it definitely holds up. Such a great show, still have no idea how the creator got hired in the first place after his past work lol.

The movie is definitely as strong as the show and I love that it just feels like it starts right up where the show ended without skipping a beat. It doesn't try hard to appeal to your nostalgia, it's just as if the show never ended and it's great.

Part of me wonders if the show would have lasted longer on Cartoon Network when you consider that Courage the Cowardly Dog had a lot of success on their channel. Both were pretty damn dark for little kids.

19. As a firm believer that the world needs more contained, short stories, yeah I 100% would love more of that show

20. supernovagirl

I haven't seen any fan reaction really so I feel kinda under the rock about it. Like I said in the thread, I did like the show overall because it was entertaining which is what it set out to do. but you can be entertained by something and even like it and still have hella critiques lol

imthesheriff likes this.
  21. Hahah yeah most people I tell to watch it think I’m referencing the movie as well. Totally unrelated projects!

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Imagine the critiques you mentioned getting shot down and ranted at plus a lot of really gross bro humor/vibes and you have most of the discussions about it pretty well pinned down. I’ve definitely wanted to read more takes like yours to decide if this is anything I want to give a chance to, but finding that kind of stuff involves seeing a bunch of junk.

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. supernovagirl

ugggh yeah that doesn't sound good. I can definitely somewhat imagine the kind of people/vibe just based on the show itself. It definitely would attract that type.

I don't blame you, I really didn't see anything regarding this show and only watched it because my ex suggested it because he had heard good things and appreciates a non-traditional superhero route. Like the concept itself is super interesting and thought provoking (in my opinion) as well as several of the storylines. But theres a lot of gratuitous gore/violence, bro-y type jokes that toe the line I think, and of course all the other aforementioned critiques about the way they treat women.

I actually went on twitter to vent about it a little and in the process found a promo video from the show's twitter that has some of the actresses trying to do performative female empowerment and its so transparent and gross, especially considering the show itself.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly that helps me decide more than most of the professional reviews I’ve read. It’s not the sort of thing I’m normally into, but I love Colby Minifie and a couple other cast members, and I’m always intrigued when something brand new gets a LOT of attention and acclaim, but I just don’t think that’s what I want to be giving my time to at the moment.

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. supernovagirl

Yeah, totally valid!
    And like yeah at the end of the day it’s a quick 10 episodes or whatever and is entertaining enough, but there’s also nothing wrong with looking through a more critical lens at what you watch (or don’t watch).
    Also Colby I feel was completely under utilized. She was almost inconsequential I feel like.

People think that by criticizing I’m saying don’t watch or that it’s bad but I just think it’s fine to watch and enjoy IF you can take a step back and acknowledge all of its flaws and problematic aspects and ways it should do better. I think the people who want to put blinders on to its issues are not helping at all and are part of the disappointment.