Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 209

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm guessing that's for Hulu with ads.. curious what the price of a bundle would look like for ad-free. I couldn't stand having Hulu ads

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

paying for a service and having to watch ads is ludicrous, but I guess that business model has worked for them

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I don't watch anything on ESPN but that's a killer deal that I'll get for sure

4. RyanPm40

Yeah I mean I definitely see the appeal to people who have a little less cash to swing. Hulu with ads is only $5.99 while ad-free is $11.99, so you are getting half off for the same content. But for me, I'm able to swing the more expensive option and it's so worth it in my opinion.

It's one thing to have a variety of ads during commercial breaks, but when it's the same fucking ad every single commercial break for multiple episodes in a row, it gets really old really fast lol

Contender, riotspray and 333 GANG like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

would easily pay 18 or whatever for ad-free

333 GANG and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. RyanPm40

Make it $16 to directly complete with Netflix's UHD plan and that's some really good competition

7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I mean you are basically getting two streaming services plus sports for $12.99. That’s very good.

Ads suck but that’s a good deal

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. I'd probably get it and I don't even watch sports.

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What's ESPN+? I don't have cable, but I wouldn't mind watching football on Sundays again. Does that give you access to football games?

10. currytheword

Trusted

ESPN+ streams specifically chosen events, and has a huge catalog of games/interviews/conferences, etc etc. it’s also home for certain exclusive UFC cards and the only way people are able to purchase UFC events now. I already have ESPN+ and Hulu, so this is a no brainer for me.

11. currytheword

Trusted

Also, does anyone know if another season of Dark Tourist is happening? Absolutely loved the first season and fall is quickly approaching. This show was a prime rib Halloween season feast.

Contender, riotspray and 333 GANG like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I would definitely pay like $10 or something for just the Hulu and Disney. I have zero need for ESPN anything.

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

I forgot all about that show until reading your post, but I hope so! I loved that show. Such a fun and easy watch, and it was really interesting in a lot of different ways.

riotspray and currytheword like this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

The host had the perfect personality for the subject matter and his demeanor always made me laugh when things got awkward.

333 GANG likes this.
  15. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Disney has plans to remake Home Alone for Disney+.

They will not be getting my money.

riotspray and 333 GANG like this.
  16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’m sure they will miss it

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That just screams major social media aspects in it so fuck that lol

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone heard anything about a S2 of Shot in The Dark?

19. LightWithoutHeat

Probably not, but I'm a firm proponent of voting with my money.

20. Zach

Trusted Supporter

What are you voting on?

21. LightWithoutHeat

Are you trolling?

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Giving up Disney’s entire back catalogue and the projected Marvel and Star Wars content because of one show isn’t voting. Just not streaming the new content you’re against is voting.

It’s how Netflix has made decisions for years. Streams vs cost.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. RyanPm40

I'm confused, why does the existence of one movie out of their entire catalog make you not want Disney+? Just ignore that one movie and watch what you care about lol. Unless you're just uninterested in the rest of their content, then sure, that's totally fair

24. LightWithoutHeat

I think you both may have taken my comment a bit too seriously. It was meant as a joke, though I do believe in voting with my wallet. You're right in that I'm not really interested in the majority of the content so that's why I won't be paying for it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Eh?