Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 208

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. If the first thirty minutes of the first episode are at all indicative of how the rest of the season treats its female characters, I'm out. Wasn't enjoying it very much anyway.

2. Just started Good Omens. Much more my speed.

spiffa0 likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I loved how respectful and supportive the fab five and his family were of Kenny, except for when he put the sandwich with lettuce in the microwave and Antoni's head exploded but I got that

when the Deanna episode started I was confused what she needed because she was already beautiful and perfect, and worried that the fab five would try to change her which thankfully they didn't, I want to go John Wick on anyone who was racist towards her and protect her with my life

Zilla, RyanPm40, OotyPa and 1 other person like this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

The Boys is based on a comic book series so I'd imagine it's more on that author than the show writers

6. From what I've read the show toned down a lot of the grossness of the comic. I won't deny its still trying to be "edgy" and not for everyone, but that review seems like they didn't give it more than an episode because a lot of the complaints were addressed. Fukuhara's character does have a real name and I thought her performance was great.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yeah she’s great in this, has a name, and a pretty in depth ish back story

8. Might give it another shot once I finish Good Omens and Fleabag, if my free trial isn't up by then. I guess i was just taken aback and it shifted my priorities a bit.

9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Queer Eye is so good and wholesome. Watched 5 episodes today.

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Couldn’t agree more. I just started the first season on Netflix this weekend, and I’m nearly done already. Which says a lot, because I’m not typically a person who binge watches anything ever.

DrAlanGrant and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok cuz of this thread I finally re started Halt & Catch Fire. I watched the first 3 eps when it first aired, and couldn’t get into it. Though heard how great it got.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t realize Janet Varney was on You’re the Worst, that’s fun.

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yupppp. I’ve seen episodes here and there but never watched all the way through. It’s an instant favorite

333 GANG likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

15 seasons of Hell's Kitchen are on Prime and because i don't want to watch something currently that i have to really track and pay attention to i have dived into this show head first. watched the first two seasons over the weekend. never been a "reality tv" fan except for The Challenge, but this and Master Chef lately have somehow really intrigued me and kept me interested.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I loved Hells Kitchen for a bit, but once I saw a few seasons, it really became too much of the same thing and got kind of old. Love Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell, though.

riotspray likes this.
  17. Hell's kitchen gets annoying when season after season they bring in these people that claim to be chefs that seem to have never worked in a kitchen before.

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. RyanPm40

Yeah I remember the season where they had a cooking instructor who had literally no culinary training and Gordon kept flipping out on her for ripping her students off lol.

19. RyanPm40

Wow I didn't realize that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are on Netflix. Fuck yeah.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. riotspray Aug 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I love Hell's Kitchen, just because hearing Gordon come up with ridiculous insults is always fun. But it is VERY repetitive and as people have said, a lot of them have zero kitchen experience.

I can almost forgive the people on MasterChef that can cook, but suck at managing their time, or don't do well under pressure or on team challenges, but Hell's Kitchen is specifically a competition based around working in a kitchen, and the prize is a job WORKING IN A KITCHEN. So if you can't work in a kitchen, you shouldn't be on the show to begin with... But then Gordon would have nobody to call a fat fucking donkey.

RyanPm40, 333 GANG and yung_ting like this.
  22. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Hells Kitchen is something to watch when Masterchef isn’t on

It’s fun but I never really get invested, don’t really like the whole thing being played in teams

23. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

just started The Handmaid's Tale and wow

OotyPa likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Done. I’m in.

Garrett L. likes this.