Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 207

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Omg Kenny and his dog is warming my heart

2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Kenny had to be the most extreme improvement. He looked amazing after shaving that moustache.

irthesteve and imthesheriff like this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Started watching You're the Worst from recent discussion in here. I like it a lot, but I don't think it's fair to compare it to Master of None.

But, as far as YTW goes, I like it a lot. I'm shocked how vulgar and naked it is, for an FX show.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still need to get on that one. FX has pushed boundaries for a long time and it’s one of the things I love about them.

I’m putting a lot of trust in the people here because if I didn’t have the recommendation to stick with Halt and Catch Fire I would probably have given up on it by now. It’s even tougher than I expected. I don’t know how anyone stuck around to see it get great or how they managed it. I’ll have to read up once I’m done.

RJ Knorr and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

YTF feels very sitcom like. Whereas MON (again, not sure why we were comparing the two last week), felt more drama and real-world-esque.

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think Love was getting compared to YTW

RJ Knorr and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Was that not this thread? I can't find the posts I'm thinking of.

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah that was the discussion.

@colorlesscliche Can't totally remember where that came up. I think it was in the Stranger Things thread

9. @EASheartsVinyl ditch halt and catch fire and watch the expanse instead

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  10. Absolutely do not ditch Halt and Catch Fire but also watch The Expanse.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I plan to! Not the ditching part, but yes to The Expanse.

spiffa0 likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

@spiffa0 Just started The Expanse for you.

spiffa0 likes this.
  13. Nice! Join me and the two other people that watch it in the expanse thread when you want to post your thoughts!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  14. xapplexpiex likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Anyone see trailers for the new animated dramedy Undone coming out on Prime? It looks pretty rad. Starring Bob Odenkirk and Rosa Salazar and comes from the producers behind Bojack

EDIT:

16. Interesting. Def gonna check this out.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. If you just started ... give until the second season before comparing it to anything, cause that's when it goes to a place most TV of its kind would never touch.

SpyKi likes this.
  18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Are you referring to Sam calling people 'fa***ts' and 'bitches', my god how'd they get away with this stuff?

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

YTW is far superior to MON in just about every way.

20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Just started Queer Eye after reading all the positive noise about it on here, and I am LIVING for this shit. I have no idea why it took me so long to dive in. This show is so heartwarming.

Zilla, OotyPa, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  21. Is The Boys any good? Thirty minutes in and I'm kind of bored, it feels like it's trying so hard to be edgy. Umbrella Academy had style but it also had heart.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just reading about that show filled my quota for “edgy” content for like the entire year.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. hmm. I'm excited for Karen Fukuhara, but I don't feel like watching Kick-Ass: The Series. Same with Lana Condor in Deadly Class. They're probably both supporting roles anyway. I mean, omg, Karen's character is literally just called "The Female."

I actually liked Kick-Ass when it came out, but I didn't bother watching the second one. I guess I grew out of that aesthetic.

Mary V likes this.
  24. https://tv.avclub.com/it-s-fun-playing-with-the-boys-too-bad-they-don-t-have-1836637109

wait what the fuck

supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I enjoyed the first episode of the boys.