Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 170

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

ER holds up sooooo well and I'm so impressed how progressive it is and not just for the era it was created, but just like in general. Omg and there's just so much nice hair. I'm on season 11 after taking a huge break cause I'd watch like literally 12 episodes a day and it became a Problem.

irthesteve likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Is Dead to Me a comedy? I haven't heard of it until now, though I've liked both leads in a lot of stuff. If anyone recognizes me from some of the show threads I post in would this be something I like?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Its a dark comedy with a lot of serious stuff, the tone is pretty unique. I'd check out episode one and if you get hooked on the premise keep going.

RyanPm40 and tdlyon like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

catch 22 with Clooney dropping on hulu tomorrow

Kingjohn_654 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. Kiana

I know I'm going to love dead to me but it's gonna take me a lil while to get to it so expect me to late fangirl in this thread like three months from now

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

On paper it gives me some Weeds/Grace and Frankie vibes, but tonally it’s a very different show from most out there.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I think I’ve only seen one or two episodes of ER in my life. I should give it a try.

marsupial jones and Kiana like this.
  8. Kiana

I think you would enjoy it! I don't blame anyone who doesn't finish it cause it's long af but it's great

irthesteve and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The only hospital shows I’ve ever watched are House and Scrubs, but I know a ton of people I love were on there over the years. The few bits I’ve seen have been fine, it’s just not my usual thing. I could use another comfort show with a million episodes though...

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

:heart: Scrubs

EASheartsVinyl and OotyPa like this.
  11. Kiana

Yeah it can get a bit melodramatic and soapy but I think they address issues really well. It has diverse casting and they have lgbtq characters and tackle issues like mental health and racism and homophobia and microaggressions and corrupt police and it's rly cool to see. The other day I was watching an episode and a male character made a stupid sexist comment and I am just so used to it being used as comedy and being laughed off that I just assumed they would too, but they had a woc character call him out and showed him in the wrong and I was so excited!! It holds up so well on that front.

Kingjohn_654 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I love when that happens. Finding old shows that don’t fall into traps that shows STILL do now is so satisfying, and so frustrating that there is no excuse for it if they were there decades ago.

Kiana likes this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this looks great. also KEANU!

Shakriel and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Does anyone use Vudu? I'm wondering if it's worth signing up simply for watching stuff that's not available on Netflix/Hulu/Prime/HBOGo

15. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Last I knew Vudu was only an online store. No subscription models at all.

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah same. Just like a place to keep all your digital content.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Light As A Feather is different than the book

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

I have a Roku tv and there’s a vudu channel that was pre-programmed with it. I ended up signing up. You can stream certain movies/tv for free with adds or buy or rent movies. I just want to stream the free movies

19. IMDB has a free streaming service called Freedive. I didn't know this until I checked to see if Blade Runner was streaming anywhere.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that’s exactly how I used it until Movies Anywhere came around

Oh okay, that’s cool. How’s the selection with the ad supported content?

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Two eps into Pen15 and it's like Eighth Grade where it says it's a comedy but it's actually a horror.

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Hereditary and Eighth Grade were the two scariest movies of 2018

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. omg jake liked my post

and so did jake

Jake W likes this.
  24. I need to start Pen15. Also need to start Dead To Me. Too much to watch.

25. Fleabag season 2 is now streaming on Amazon Prime and is 100% the best season of television that has aired this year. And the whole series is only 6 hours long if you haven't watched any yet. Do not sleep on this!