Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 163

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay cool, I hope you're able to stick with it because I think the show only gets better from S4 on until the end and the finale is profound to me in many, many ways.

And I still do have The Americans in my queue! Hahaha, I swear one day I'm going to get back on that. Luckily I'm not far enough into it that it would be better to just start it over instead of try to remember what all has happened.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sopranos is actually a rare example where I feel like the misogyny is actually portrayed in a way that is condemning it instead of accidentally glorifying it, and part of that comes from how fully fleshed out and realized every woman is on the show. They have horrific things happen to them (and some are worse than others, like what Ralphie does), but they never feel like props to the men. Just comparing Carmela’s writing to Betty’s or how a background character like Angie still gets a complete arc outside of her husband is worlds away from Mad Man, where only a few women get their own stories and everyone else revolves around Don or Roger or some other man.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

There’s a new Anthony Jeselnik special that looks like it just got added, anybody check it out yet?

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It's very good, but kinda more of the same from him, which is to be expected. Definitely worth watching though.

Davjs and Signifire like this.
  6. YouTube renews 'Cobra Kai' for season 3, makes all shows free
    If you still haven’t checked out Cobra Kai — YouTube’s surprisingly wonderful Karate Kid sequel series — pretty soon you’ll have no excuses left. The streaming service announced Thursday that not only will the half-hour martial arts dramedy be back for a third season in 2020, it will no longer require a paid subscription to watch.

Beginning this fall, all YouTube original programming will be available for free — with ads, of course. Season 2 of Cobra Kai will begin streaming for free starting Sept. 11, with one episode dropping each week. Season 1, however, will only be free for two weeks, from Aug. 29 to Sept. 11.
    Not sure if there's a more generalized "streaming" thread, so I didn't know where to post it.

coleslawed, riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Can finally watch the Step Up show yesssssss

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Is znation worth investing anytime in? First episode was cheesy with suspect acting.

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

My girlfriend likes it but I’m going to say absolutely not

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Can finally watch Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes S2!!

11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Never heard of Dead To Me until now but it definitely sounds like my sort of thing

12. Kind of feel like you could just rename this thread Streaming Services Thread since the discussion isn't limited to Netflix anyway.

Jason Tate, Whalejaw, OotyPa and 2 others like this.
  13. I finished You the other night. Thought it was fascinating, but I have mixed feelings about the ending.

14. Jake W

Had a conversation with my friend earlier, after I was scrolling through Netflix and saw You under "romantic TV dramas"... Yeah that's wrong For so many reasons

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m mad now.

Jake W likes this.
  16. It'd fit better in the horror category.

17. Jake W

[​IMG]

18. Done. Good idea.

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Y’all know where Debate Wars went since SEESO folded? Like two of those six eps were real good

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Wouldn’t Amazon Prime be more relevant for the title than YouTube?

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Thought the same thing. I don’t really think of youtube as the same type of service, but Prime has some of my favorite stuff at the moment.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish May 3, 2019
    (Last edited: May 3, 2019)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Thank god the title changed!

Although it should be stylized as Hulu instead.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Idk if anyone has talked about it yet but, anyone watch Love After Lockup yet? It is premium trash reality tv.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m glad my username has been relevant thanks to this show

RyanPm40, Jake W and Jason Tate like this.
  25. [​IMG]