Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 160

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my mom was questioning why I be into queer eye because she thought it seemed lame.

she decided to check it out and now she is into it. YESSSS.

also Jonathan is also her fave so yaaassssss.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Should've been Jeff Corwin

4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There's no Netflix tries to make original DCC shows now, right?

5. GBlades

Trusted

Is it just me or did the acting in Sabrina season 2 reallllllly dumb down?

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

This will either be amazing or terrible

Brent and riotspray like this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Add Dana or gtfo

8. If this is loosely formatted like a sketch show, I'm down. If it's basically a scripted series with Austin Powers / Love Guru feel, it will be bad

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Lol oh my god I’m watching To All The Boys I’ve Love and the ass pocket think killed me. Definitely a thing we still did when I was that age lmao

Also I watched Sierra Burges yesterday and it really messes with my head that the same actor is in both movies and even drives similar cars lol

10. S3 of Kim's Convenience added. Yay for me.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

That’s a good season, hilarious Janet moments

Joe likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Wait a minute
    I made jokes about The Silence being a “ripoff” A Quiet Place but I just learned that the silence ALSO has a Deaf character and they use ASL???
    Honestly that’s wild
    I mean the more representation the better but what a specific parallel. Also they didnt use a Deaf actress though which AQP did

Kiana likes this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I just saw another Netflix movie with this guy in it. Do they keep him in a cage at headquarters or what?

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

He's also in Prom Date in Netflix. Dude is gunning for the heartthrob status but I just love the rise of the mid budget rom com so idec
    The use of asl was rly inconsistent. Sometimes despite having a deaf character they'd just talk and not sign anyway. Idk if they didn't wanna subtitle the whole thing or what. I also used to know someone who communicated in asl and they had a big pet peeve when movies and shows would rely on the deaf character being able to read lips cause I guess depending on the accent, if someone mumbles, how fast they talk, etc it's actually not that easy to read lips but ppl try that route and place the burden on the one whose is hard of hearing. Idk. I am a terrible lip reader so idk. But it's all I think about now when I see it in media.

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah, reading lips is basically impossible and it’s rly fucked up that it’s an expectation

Weird and interesting that they didn’t even do it right smh not surprising tho since they didn’t have a Deaf actress anyway

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We started Schitt’s Creek today. It took a bit to get into it, but it’s good. On episode 4 now

17. Kiana

Yeah maybe I was dumb but sometimes I was honestly confused cause they'd have like a standard convo with no sign language and then I'd be like ... Well maybe she is hard of hearing but can get by? But then in another scene it'd show it thru her perspective and she couldn't hear anything so I was v ?????

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. Kiana

IT IS THE BEST. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

19. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Schitt's Creek is ridiculously overlooked. DAYVIDUHH

20. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

My family and I all love Schitt’s Creek so much, and we have several David’s in our clan..... which means we quote it all the fucking time, on the daily. The best.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah my wife started it this week. liking it more than we anticipated.

22. marissalg

Trusted

Schitt’s Creek is a gift.

xapplexpiex and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Started Schitt's Creek about 2 weeks ago and I'm already on S3.

I liked it from the beginning, but I really feel like it gets funnier towards the end of S2.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. Kiana

Schitts Creek has such wonderful character development. Can't wait to watch whatever season is currently airing or just aired idk if it's still going. I would like to say I'm an Alexis but I'm def a Patrick lol.

It won my heart with "You get murdered first for once!"

bradsonemanband and marissalg like this.
  25. marissalg

Trusted

New season had so much growth for the characters especially Stevie. I cried at the final two episodes haha