Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 131

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Can’t wait to watch Velvet Buzzsaw this weekend.

Joe, drewinseries and Kuri44 like this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Alright, I'm down to the last two episodes and find myself much more interested in it. The entire show has kept my interest, but there were some parts about it that for whatever reason I just felt indifferent about. Didn't love it or hate it.

I like how in the latter half of the season they start to focus more on their personal lives than just the work they're doing (which is impacting their personal lives.)

dash64 and marsupial jones like this.
  3. marissalg

Trusted

Excited that Edge of Seventeen and Incredibles 2 got added so I can finally check those out.

popdisaster00, riotspray and Davjs like this.
  4. Edge of Seventeen is amazing.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sex Education got renewed!!

6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i pretty much agree with all of this except your second paragraph haha.

i had no interest in seeing them out to eat, fighting about the kid, or the robot guy going down on his girlfriend for the 25th time in 10 episodes (exaggeration, i know). i wanted them to focus more on the killers and the methods behind it and what they were learning. the personal lives stuff did nothing for me and felt like unnecessary filler.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really disliked how they made it seem like they were becoming like the killers because that’s such a played out trope and their story is unique, but I haven’t watched it recently enough to remember some of the other personal storylines. The way they portrayed the main characters was certainly the weak point of the series, and I hope they do better on that in the next one.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I do agree the actual conversations with the killers is great. But they spend a lot of time in their office, fighting with their boss and working on the other murder case that wasn't very interesting to me. I thought the stuff with Kumpfert (SP?) was very great. That actor was exceptional. The stuff with Jerry is pretty good too and the weird principal storyline is good too.

I enjoy the personal life storylines (even though I still don't care much for their acting). I don't know why, but the fighting about the kid stuff really gets to me. I got emotional during their one fight when the babysitter finds the disturbing photo in the kid's bedroom.

9. marsupial jones

agreed. there were times i was wondering if they were hinting at that. remember though - this is based on a book (by, i assume one of the two main characters, probably the younger guy) but since the show gets at least a second season i feel like there isn't anything left in the book so they have to venture out - but agree, they better not make one of them a future killer.

i also worry about that happening with the little kid of the older cop. i think the show wants us to think they'll go that route, but hope they're original enough to avoid that (i.e. just make us and maybe the cop think that in a paranoid kind of way as they get more involved in these cases)

10. marsupial jones

it certainly wasn't awful to watch - and yes, the babysitter fighting scene was an exceptionally well written and acted scene, but to me i'm like, "what is the payoff for this?" and i don't feel like there will be one (same with the BTK killer stuff, depending on how big of a time jump season 2 takes) and want more conversations with perplexing killers (granted not all of them were interesting, the young guy who drank the root beer or whatever seemed very meh)

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh no, I don’t literally think they’re setting one of them up to be a killer. I just mean the, “I started my career to stop people like this, but now I’m acting just like them!” trope that is in way too many things and always handled pretty similarly.

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm currently watching The ABC Murders on Amazon Prime

13. marsupial jones

Sesame Street getting dark or is this something else?

14. Colby Searcy

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Eric McCormack just confirmed that Travelers won't be renewed. Shame, but not a surprise. Solid 3 seasons. I highly recommend it if you're into sci fi dramas.

Synopsis:

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I just started The Nightmare documentary while I'm working and it's already terrifying.

sean_rugy likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

i got like 10 minutes into The Nightmare and turned it off. didn't get it at all. i guess people have that stuff happen to them, but i haven't and couldn't wrap my head around it so i stopped it lol

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I have experienced it before, so it's getting to me, haha

sean_rugy likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's pretty amazing what the mind is capable of.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I enjoyed that a lot. It's not particularly well made, but the subject is interesting enough and the visuals work to spook you out quite a bit. Recommended.

21. Colby Searcy

Finished The ABC Murders. John Malkovich as Poirot is quite good

22. Well that's a huge bummer.

23. Travelers was very good but I'm content with it ending.

Need the expanse and colony to come back to get my sci-fi fix.

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Tonight I watched Hereditary on prime.

That was soooo good, but I definitely won't be sleeping well tonight.

Fronnyfron and Dinosaurs Dish like this.