Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 130

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I find it fascinating that back then they just let him walk around not handcuffed, talking to the press, going to the library and shit - even after the two escapes! Like, the guy is charged with MURDER and because he represents himself and went to law school for a semester and is good looking he gets treated differently????

Was neat to discover why the movie with Efron is called what it is. Didn’t know that was a direct quote from the judge.

Things were definitely different back then lol

RyanPm40, Kuri44 and xapplexpiex like this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Loving Sex Education so far.

imthesheriff and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

One of my new favorites for sure. I could watch these kids forever. And they make huge references to one of my favorite things, which made me so so happy. I really hope it made a big enough impression to get a second season.

4. marsupial jones Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    marsupial jones

Swingers
    Watched on: Netflix
    Grade: B

Finally watched this for the first time. Wow does Vince Vaughn look young holy shit. Felt it got better as it went on. Some very funny moments.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

you're so money and you don't even know it

6. marsupial jones

there were a number of phrases or references where i was like, "ah, i get it now. so this is where those came from!"

riotspray likes this.
  7. marsupial jones

Her
    watched on: Netflix
    Grade: A++++++++++++++

holy fuck, this just destroyyyyyyyyed me. wow. easily one of my favorite movies ever. holy shit.

Matt, coleslawed, ChaseTx and 4 others like this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Her is a masterpiece.

coleslawed and marsupial jones like this.
  9. marsupial jones

i want to start watching it again asap, or at least have it playing while i'm working / doing other things, but i legit need to just decompress for a bit after watching that. goddamn, that was something and seriously broke me.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Her is one of my favourite things ever.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd recommend letting it sit and breathe for a bit.

I think Spike Jonze nailed every single intention he had when he originally came up with the idea. The music, the look, the acting, the near-future aesthetics in clothing/workplaces, etc... everything.

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Her is on Netflix? I know what I’m watching tonight.

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

You mean when he compliments Bundy on being a bright young man and wishing him good luck? That pissed me off to no end

14. marsupial jones

"i would have loved to have worked with you, but you took a different path."

that's one way to put it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. I've been meaning to rewatch Her but never found it on DVD at any used bookstores over the years. Guess I can watch it again now and own it sometime later.

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

I finished Homecoming tonight. Thought it was really good. Curious to see where season 2 goes, I thought the season finale wrapped the story up perfectly.

For anyone else who finished it, what did you make of that after credit scene? Only thing that confused me.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I've been thinking about Her since your post earlier and it made me think of the most crushing and relatable line in the movie:

After the blind date, Samantha is asking Theodore what it feels like to be alive, to be in that room, etc... and Theodore is a bit drunk and thinking back on his failed marriage and says "Sometimes I think I’ve felt everything I’m ever gonna feel and from here on out I’m not going to feel anything new - just lesser versions of what I’ve already felt."

I already knew the movie was special but that part pushed it over the edge and I, unfortunately, identified so much with it that I felt awful and great at the same time.

I need to watch it again but it's pretty difficult to deal with.

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd also like to suggest watching Anomalisa if you haven't seen it. It's thematically similar but crushing in a different way.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yep

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

Joaquin Phoenix is one of my favorite things ever.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m halfway through Season 1 of Mindhunter and I honestly have no idea how I feel about it.

dash64, RyanPm40 and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

nice Unicorn Store was at TIFF like 2 years ago and we're finally getting it on Netflix in April

morgantayler likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked for Velvet Buzzsaw tomorrow

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah, I forgot this was so soon!

riotspray likes this.