Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I try to go into watching shows by not trying to compare them to things until after I've watched it personally.

Then again I watch a lot of shows that are "shitty" and/or cancelled after 1 season

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If I’m not already a follower of the team involved, comparison to a show I already love is one of the best ways to get me to tune in.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. supernovagirl Jan 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2019)
    supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Exactly lol that’s why I told her to just watch it

4. (Most “CW shows” are better than You tho.)

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

You rly think??? And this is coming from someone who crazy ex gf is one of my favorite shows and i also really like ricerdale

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Well You was a Lifetime show, I was confused for a sec

supernovagirl and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  7. Yeah, probably the network with the most shows I watch on a consistent basis these days. There’s a reason Netflix keeps buying ‘um (and their creators). They’re good!

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone else’s Samsung Smart TV reset every now and then in between episodes (while loading?)

lostawholeyear likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

supernovagirl likes this.
  11. marissalg

Trusted

Started season 2 of Friends from College. I don’t remember much from the first season (I honestly forgot about two main characters) but it’s actually decent.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Mindhunter (Netflix)
    grade: B

great writing, acting, costume and set design, directing and cinematography... but this didn't captivate me like i thought it would. got a bit slow and felt bored for at least part of each episode. didn't care to learn about the personal lives of the agents, spent more time there than expected and weirdly absolutely nothing gets resolved, and wasn't this just very recently renewed / awarded a second season? what a weird way to end a series that doesn't feel like it was supposed to have a second season but did because of popularity.

very much a slow burn but almost too slow for me. thought it would be much scarier and more horror based than it is.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just finished watching FYRE FRAUD on Hulu. Now I get why we have two docs. The one coming to Netflix is co produced by Jerry Media, the same company that handled FYRE Festival's social media. This Hulu doc implies that they were complicit in deceiving the attendees.

It was definitely an interesting tale. I don't even think this guy is a con man, because I think he honestly believes all the lies that come out of his mouth.

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. supernovagirl

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Totally, I just try to go in with zero expectations outside of the generic synopsis and feel like that way is best for me to enjoy it. I tend to finish what I start, even if it takes me a while.
    Didn't realize you were THAT into them! You watch all the DC properties?

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Pretty much all of them. I’m behind on a few, and haven’t watched a couple, but I also watch almost anything Berlanti does as well.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Now I really have to read the You books before watching dammit

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved this and thought parts were perfect, but others really suffered. The scenes with the killers were all fantastic, and the Ed Kemper ones specifically have stayed with me since it came out. I’m pretty sure it was renewed soon after premiering though. I remember reading some kind of plot point for the second season a long time ago. And of course all the BTK teasing seemed to be prime for a second season/series-long thread.

20. Colby Searcy

I know most(or maybe just most around here) have been down on the Arrowveese the past few seasons but I feel like they're all killing it in their current seasons airing.

I loved Riverdale S1 really want to catch up on S2-3, seems like it's gotten super dark.

Not sure how you feel about Gotham but after rewatching Episodes 1-2, I now remember how wacky and crazy it is and look forward to completing it.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wait really? (Re the Jerry media/Netflix collab) they said in the doc that Jerry produced a doc with Vice about the festival.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've been meaning to watch Mindhunter for like, a year. It's been on the top of my list of shows to watch but I keep pushing it off.

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I like Fincher quite a bit and serial killers are an interesting subject, but I found myself bored with Mindhunter, so I was pretty let down. I only watched half the season, so I can't definitively have an opinion on it as a whole, but I doubt I'll be returning to it.

marsupial jones likes this.
  24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really liked it. Cool show.

25. Colby Searcy

Has anybody....read the book?