Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 114

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I remember when i was a dvd only member and they introduced streaming and i thought lol that will never catch on

2. I loved DVDs and ripped so many of them from Netflix. (tv shows!) Then Hollywood video had a 7.99 a month rent as many as you want deal and I went to tooooooowwwwwwwn.

Now I don’t ever watch DVDs. Still.

Kingjohn_654 and riotspray like this.
  3. My friend illegally downloads new movies and shows to his plex so I log in on my TV and use it all the time. If it weren't for sports I could get rid of cable.

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We finished The Staircase last night. It was excellent film making and really emotional stuff.

johnnyferris likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I disagree about the movie selection. I’ve had a streaming plan ever since you had to have a Netflix disc that you used in the Wii, and they used to have tons and tons of movies that are gone now. They had most of the Criterion selection before it went to Hulu and all kinds of really old and obscure classics. Now their focus is much more on originals and big TV shows and their film selection has suffered because of it.

It’s just been within the last few months that I noticed them adding a ton of great choices back. When the list was still called a queue and showed numbers I remember watching it drop from like 500 down in huge chunks without anything getting added back.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I did the Netflix DVDs back in 04/05 during college and probably went through more than 200 of them. Speaking of DVDs, I used to buy DVDs like crazy and collect them and still have more than 500 that I’ll probably never touch again.

I don’t find much value in Netflix’s current film selection though.

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I collect blu-rays and am really getting into the Criterion Collection.

Larry David likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah not a huge fan of the film selection esp when they always pull stuff off after 2-3 months

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The amount of times i had to email customer support to send me a new netflix wii disc.

You just took me back.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Same! I used to own somewhere around 2,000 Blu-rays (films/shows) and was obsessed. Pretty much all of my extra income went to Blu-rays and I couldn’t understand streaming and why people would want to do that (probably because the internet I had back then was crap).

Now a days I have only a handful of actual discs and I never touch them because it seems like too much work to change them out at the end of the disc lol

Funny how things change and become the norm

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

God, I remember coming up with a whole structure on when to send the disc back to make sure I could maximize how many I could get in a month / avoid Sundays and would be furious at times when the mailman was late with my next deliveries lol

RJ Knorr and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

so after watching tidying up I'm going through my stuff have stuff I want to donate and then I find out our donation place in town is not accepting any donations so now I need to figure out where to store this stuff in my tiny apartment until they accept them again SMH

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Netflix doesn't care if movies are good or bad as long as people watch them and it's glaringly obvious

Browsing to find a movie is impossible

supernovagirl and popdisaster00 like this.
  14. Ha, I used to stream Netflix through my Ethernet-connected blu-Ray player. I can still remember all of the movies they had when streaming was introduced. Lots of good independent stuff.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I watched so many silent films and foreign films and things that I’ve never seen streaming since. It was great.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Idk where you donate but that’s really all you’ve got there?! Here we have like drop boxes and stuff for different charities. Also maybe a domestic violence shelter or charity would probably love your clothes!

Kiana likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

If you guys haven’t yet I highly recommend The Lobster. I’m watching it now, and it’s great.

dash64, SpyKi and Kuri44 like this.
  18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It’s such a bizarre movie. My kinda thing tho.

Cameron likes this.
  19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

A Netflix movie starring Anthony Mackie? I was on board, but the trailer isn’t too great...

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It really was quite bizarre, but thoroughly engaging and entertaining throughout. My wife and I both enjoyed it a lot.

21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I wish You had its own thread because I want to see what everyones been saying about it

I’m currently paused halfway through the finale because the cage writing scene is so fucking triggering. I’m crying my eyes out and I know some people are like that’s why I can’t watch that show but for me it makes me like it that much more. It’s so real and raw and hurts so much.

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ll have to watch this

23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Gonna start the entirety of Gotham tomorrow

Kingjohn_654 and supernovagirl like this.
  24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Gotta give YOU credit. Thought it was gonna be some cruel intentions/cw level stuff but pretty good stuff. Nice cliffhanger... gf thought it was scary and creepy as fuck

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

What's wrong with the CW