Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I feel the same about the good place. Watched about 5 and while I enjoyed it I wasn’t in love with it.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  2. Yes. Keep going.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Totally with those who stopped after a handful of episodes. I was really hoping it'd go somewhere but it just didn't click for me like it seemed to do with other people. My girlfriend finished season 2 and I stopped somewhere around episode 4 in season 1. She told me it gets better but that it never really makes you laugh out loud. She's told me it's more clever and witty, if anything.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I legitimately don’t know how you could NOT laugh out loud to the good place but I guess that’s just me!! Lol

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah it has made me laugh harder than most other shows in recent memory. I think it definitely picks up as it goes along both with the comedy and the story as a whole. The story part is less opinion and more objectively true...

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I completely agree with this. I feel like it's a great show, but where it really shines is in the story/character/world building. It gets better as it goes on, because the story gets more complex and there's just more to chew on. It's still funny, but like your girlfriend said, it's more clever and witty than it is laugh out loud (imo).

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I enjoyed it but I haven’t laughed out loud like I have with the office, parks and b99.

9. I've been rewatching Brooklyn 99 and watched this episode the other night and it's one of my favorite parts of the series

imthesheriff likes this.
  10. I'd say The Good Place is on par with Parks and Rec (haven't seen the other two). The emotional depth and character development are at the same level as Parks. What it lacks in laugh-out-loud-ness, it makes up for with incredible world building.

riotspray likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The Good Place and Brooklyn Nine Nine are my two favorite shows currently on the air. B99 might be a little funnier but both are hilarious.

The Good Place you have to watch through the finale of season one. If you're not on board after that, i guess that's a ... Good Place to decide whether or not to continue

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Looking forward to watching that.

Love the quote at the end "if you wanna spend $20,000 to see Blink 182.....that's Darwinism at it's finest, that's on you!"

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That gave me a good laugh for sure lol

15. Buzzsaw looks bonkers. Could go either way as far as good or bad. Loved Nightcrawler, though, so I'm looking forward to it.

riotspray likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

The Hive (Amazon Prime)
    Genre: horror
    Grade: B

17. ChaseTx

I've seen a few things on Twitter about Marie Kondo then I see there's a Netflix show. Is this something to watch

coleslawed likes this.
  18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

it's like Hoarders but with generally cleaner people / houses and Marie shows them how to properly pack stuff neatly and throw stuff away. can't clean while it's on though because there are subtitles for Marie most of the time.

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

we watched all of "instant hotel" last night. autralian reality series. just awful pretentious people. a good time.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Oh I don't have the attention span to watch anything while cleaning haha

marsupial jones likes this.
  21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tidying up on Netflix is super soothing to me. I'm totally going to adopt her method of clothes folding also

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Last night, my girlfriend literally spent an hour and a half switching every one of her drawers doing this. It looks great!

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Derry girls is awesome. My best friends are irish and they're obsessed.

marceting likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

4 episodes into You. I like it.

supernovagirl and Vivatoto like this.
  25. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

One thing I’ve noticed over the past couple of years: Netflix has improved so much with their movie selection. I signed up in 2010 with the dvd plan + Netflix “instant”, and the main draw was the plethora of entire series of tv shows. The movie selection is really great now. Out of all the streaming services, this is the best value.